Qualitative Feedback Collection for Bot Balancing

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Re: Qualitative Feedback Collection for Bot Balancing

★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 My favorite is seeing them shooting at ceilings or floors as they know the player is there but too dumb to know they can't shoot through walls.
Message 31 of 45 (2,061 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Going back and playing GW2 private matches again, the bots in BfN are just not as good. Players in both games are far less predictable than the AI, but the BfN bots are terrible compared to the GW2 ones, although they cheat in both games (like disarming gnome bombs while burrowed). This is part of why the bots in regular online matches in BfN angered so many people and playing bot matches reveals how poorly they perform on their own.

Message 32 of 45 (2,021 Views)

Champion

I think what would have been good is if you had the option to join Multiplayer lobbies with or without bots. How this would work? Lobbies would be separated into ones with bots and ones without. If you wanted to play Multiplayer and without bots, you would be able to, but you need to risk having almost empty lobbies or skewed lobbies. If you wanted to play with bots, as most players do now, you would have fuller lobbies, but most likely need to battle lots of bots. This way, the players get more control over if they want to play with bots or not, rather than forcing them!

Message 33 of 45 (2,023 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 It would be cool, but it would divide the small player base on some platforms even more. If only the game had gotten the Switch port and cross-play ... Sigh Frown
Message 34 of 45 (2,012 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Actually, thanks for saying that. I did think of this when I was stating my point there, but when I considered that, that was the only negative I thought of, so I thought it would be no problem. Overall, players who do not like the bots do not need to play with them. Players do not like battling other players can battle Bots in Private Play. Totally agree with your point though!
Message 35 of 45 (1,972 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Bots can still stop working entirely in the final update.

Message 36 of 45 (1,847 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r This problem is actually because there is no bot, the rose bot must have left for a player to enter, but its texture for some reason has not been removed.
Message 37 of 45 (1,841 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk I also think that is the case. The bots fail to despawn properly. I checked the player list and there was no "Rose" entry. The last time I saw it happening (before the patch), it was a Corn bot and the list had a "Corn" player in it. Weird.
Message 38 of 45 (1,835 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r yes, the only thing this patch did about Bots was to make them weaker in multiplayer, they didn’t touch much other things than strength.
Message 39 of 45 (1,834 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Will the tuning of the bots continue or was that once only thing?

The bots seem mostly fine in Team Vanquish.

Turf Takeover, however, is a completely different story.

I was playing in a mostly empty lobby late at night and the bots were god like.

It seemed like all the changes made to them weren't working.

They were sniping, had super precise aim that obliterated everyone in 2 second, could do 180s to shoot at you, could use multiple abilities at once...

The list goes on.

Please continue to improve the bots.

This is super important, since the team is working on (probably) Skate and we seemingly won't be seeing a new PvZ shooter in years, maybe never...

Message 40 of 45 (1,596 Views)