Re: QuakeV Quit Apex

by ThiccccQuava

Original Post

★ Guide
@ThiccccQuava From your perspective I would see how you enjoy the game as playing almost any game with friends will bring enjoyment.

I myself enjoyed Apex during it's first 2 seasons while playing with a friend of mine during casual matches and during ranked a few times. But after he quit due to time constraints, solo queue really started to rear its ugly head and I've already expressed why.

After viewing some of his videos, some were certainly entertaining but the dude himself doesn't have much to stand out. Additionally, with his decision to switch to Valorant (lol) it isn't exactly going to be the greatest choice in terms of financial gain and I just see him coming back to Apex in a few months time because of the failed venture.
Message 11 of 17 (349 Views)

★★ Pro
@ThiccccQuava but, when these streamers quit because things doesn't go their way, the devs finally listen to casual players and bring the player base back up.
Message 12 of 17 (335 Views)

★★ Expert

@hayhor Absolutely not, on the contrary, keep enjoying the game. You've got more patience for it than I do, and I applaud that. While I'm very critical of Apex, I'd never be critical of people who actively enjoy the game, and would never go out of my way to belittle people for what they enjoy. On the contrary, I want people that enjoy Apex to continue doing so, but also want them to be critical of Apex (not implying you or anyone else who enjoys Apex aren't critical of the game) while doing so. The people I would be rude to or critical of, are the people who lord around the Reddit and occasionally here on the boards, who actively go about trying to shut down criticism of the game and wholeheartedly supporting Respawn despite Apex's current state.

If I said, "Hey the servers for ranked and the general playlist are in a terrible state, with frequent disconnects, lagging, crashing, etc. etc. How can Respawn justify continuing to sell 18 dollar skins in spite of this? Not to mention the audio, hit-reg, poorly functioning SBMM, etc. etc." and someone came up and said, "Nah, you're just being nitpicky and you don't like the game, don't play the game if you don't like it! You just hate Apex blah blah blah" that's the type of person I'd be critical of. But I can see why what I posted can come off as, "Hey if you play the game and enjoy you SUCK!" and for that I'd like to apologize. 

Message 13 of 17 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pastaclownSame mind on this. I don't trash talk the actual game per say but the way it's run and the state it's in now. I loved Apex up to S2/IC with my main complaints back then being hackers (Diamond + ranked) driving me bananas and lack of content but it's fallen very far since then imo for various reasons.

If you enjoy the game then great and genuinely happy for you but to try cover up or dismiss things that are actually pretty game breaking or predatory, laying on your backs taking everything respawn gives because ''it's a free game'' or ''it cost money to improve''.. Man, you make me wanna bang my head against a wall.

Message 14 of 17 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RustedYoda His points still stand true. It's been two years and we haven't seen any improvement in ranked, audio or any new permanent modes. Heck if they could do a vanilla deathmatch mode, but no ' We WaNnA keep recycling old LTMs' is their motto.

Aceu didn't return, he was only here for a bit and now is back on Valorant.
Message 15 of 17 (301 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM I think a lot of high skill high rank players feel the same way.

What ultimately ends up happening in the high skill and high rank lobbies.. You have to run meta/OP load outs to win fights. You can't mess around with other guns or legends. Anytime I queue into rank and get paired with a bottom tier legend I roll my eyes. I know my squad is going to be at a disadvantage the entire round unless some really unusual and favorable circumstances happen to play out...

Tonight I was on a bit of a rampage and in the harder lobbies for PUBS. It was nothing but Mastiffs in CQC. It was your typical Wraith/Gibi and some other meta legend typically Horizon.

For me half the fun is running around with guns that most people don't use... But you can't use a P2020 if you're getting clapped in the head by a Mastiff/99 combo.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 17 (293 Views)

★ Guide

I mean I am not sure how successful that game will be (as of right now I think it is pretty small). I honestly just wish him well as he was entertaining to listen to even if I did not agree with his takes on the game. I will continue to be subscribed, but idk how much i will watch his content as I have no interest in the other game and I am not even sure it is one that is on console.

-ThiccccaQuava

Message 17 of 17 (251 Views)