Re: Q&A about the R99..

by DrenMadre

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Its one of, if not the best, close range gun in the whole game. So, not really sure what to say here.

Message 11 of 21 (449 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SixthOTD wrote:

Its one of, if not the best, close range gun in the whole game. So, not really sure what to say here.

Not much else besides take that extra 10th of a second for a true aim......if you're off, the mag is about gone before you realize it...

Message 12 of 21 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am not a huge fan of the 99, mostly because I suck at adjusting to its recoil; particularly with no barrel stabilizer.

Sayin that the fault is not in the gun.

The only other issue is with no mag 18 rounds disappear in a blink of an eye. 

Personally I like the prowler for close up fighting. I seem to adjust to it recoil better. I also gets the heavy gun adv.

Its problem lies in you seem to only find the select fire or the gun not both Frown.  Apex seems to like hiding Select Fires near havocs but not Prowlers.

Conclusion, 301 is the best gun in the game, stupid easy to hit shots and honestly needs a nerf. Secret

Message 13 of 21 (421 Views)

★★★ Expert

I feel that R-99 and the PeaceKeeper may be the weapons most affected by lag / stuttering. R-99 is very fast and you can empty the mag before adjusting the aim, while the PeaceKeeper shotgun has some sort of animation delay that messes up your tracking, making you often miss the second shot by overshooting. I've seen a few streamers complain about missing what appeared to be perfect shots with the PK, but watching the videos with slow speed reveals what actually happens (check this segment here as an example: https://youtu.be/12t0JIFKKLg?t=1092).

I think the best solution is to use these more often in fights to learn them properly ( training area doesn't have fast moving targets or lag), and maybe put some minimal distance between you and the enemy, for easier tracking and a little bigger spread. Point blank can get really bad, I'd avoid very close range unless the enemy does not move much. I once hipfired the entire blue mag of the Spitfire at a low shielded Wraith that was almost point blank and didn't hit her once, my crosshair was right on her hitbox at least 60-70% of the time as she was jumping around, but all the bullets were hitting the wall, behind her. Getting downed by another team while reloading, I was able to notice the stuttering while the enemies were fighting around me, it was clear at that point how lag kills...

Message 14 of 21 (415 Views)

★ Guide

R-99 is one of my favorite weapons. It is a close range weapon. It takes practive to controll the recoil and from short range, for me, it is a good weapon to fire from the hip while sliding sideways.

you need an extended mag for sure. Tell your squadies you need one (good squadies will make sure they ping it for you. Even had one guy pick it up and brink it to me.)

Message 15 of 21 (406 Views)

★ Guide
@Ghastlykronic420 post a video you shooting the gun?
Message 16 of 21 (402 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I will have to strongly disagree lol
I have more then once killed people using an r99 with a prowler. Much better smg imo.
Message 17 of 21 (373 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

@Ghastlykronic420 

R99 is the best gun in game close to mid range don’t be mad at the game because you miss stick with the 301 or spitfire they are much easier to use but people that are good with a r99 will kill you every time 

For the recors bud, i use a hemlock single fire, g7, wingman and a prowler almost always. 

Message 18 of 21 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Ghastlykronic420 

And the r99 has a faster ttk than all of those except maybe the hemlok don’t know for sure and that is only if you rapid fire it 

Message 19 of 21 (353 Views)

★ Apprentice

And that's why it needs to be nerfed lol such a noob gun

Message 20 of 21 (342 Views)