Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PvP would reveal how much the ranger sucks.

by TheReal_USA_MAGA

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: PvP would reveal how much the ranger sucks.

★★ Apprentice
You couldn't use any of the Javelins together in PvP, their not balanced for that and shouldn't be changed in anyway (their just too much fun). So they would have to create an entirely new Javelin, or just use one Javelin (like the Ranger) as a base point and balance abilities and weapons around that.

I get that PvP isn't popular on the forum but it has to be noted that the one thing Anthem nailed on release is the combat mechanics. The gunplay, flight and movement are truly excellent.

I love this game as it is, but I think Anthem is being touted as a 7 year ongoing experience and while it's way too early to even consider PvP right now, at some point in the future I think it would be a great addition to the game.

The only thing I would want is for the PvE and PvP to remain separate, no altering the main game to accommodate PvP.
Message 11 of 19 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
ranger OP
pvp nogood
Message 12 of 19 (144 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I play a lot of ranger now. Storm got a little boring. I want to use guns and have it matter  xD

Message 13 of 19 (136 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
You're wrong.

I'll explain, do you think they would still allow us to be invincible during our ultimates in pvp? The interceptor would tank everyones ult and then kill the opponent every time.

Also it would result in panic use of ults when opponents used theirs just to survive, resulting in deathless exchanges of ultimates due to being invincible.

With this concept out of the way it's obvious that they would have to remove the invincibility from ultimates and instead provide us with damage mitigation instead.

Everything, all weapons and abilities would need specialty balancing for pvp specifically. The ultimates would be looked at and balanced accordingly too. And the ranger has a great burst damage shutdown ult...that is homing and can track multiple or single targets.

On that... who else has a homing ult? How easy could the other classes ults be dodged by a real player? If an interceptor popped theirs in front of you would you stay on the ground? Or just fly up into the sky where they can't touch you.

The point I'm making is that the ranger would be just fine, probably one of the best for pvp.

But I don't think it'll ever happen anyway.

Message 14 of 19 (130 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Mryellowpinky wrote:
You're wrong.

I'll explain, do you think they would still allow us to be invincible during our ultimates in pvp? The interceptor would tank everyones ult and then kill the opponent every time.

Also it would result in panic use of ults when opponents used theirs just to survive, resulting in deathless exchanges of ultimates due to being invincible.

With this concept out of the way it's obvious that they would have to remove the invincibility from ultimates and instead provide us with damage mitigation instead.

Everything, all weapons and abilities would need specialty balancing for pvp specifically. The ultimates would be looked at and balanced accordingly too. And the ranger has a great burst damage shutdown ult...that is homing and can track multiple or single targets.

On that... who else has a homing ult? How easy could the other classes ults be dodged by a real player? If an interceptor popped theirs in front of you would you stay on the ground? Or just fly up into the sky where they can't touch you.

The point I'm making is that the ranger would be just fine, probably one of the best for pvp.

ye dw...those guys got it explained a thousand times already. there is no reasoning behind this request, just desire

i dont know how to respond to these demands anymore, for me either saying nothing or being silly. how do you guys manage?

Message 15 of 19 (124 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I don't think they will made pvp in soon . they still have many thing to do  :e 

cheer 

Message 16 of 19 (121 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

First they just need to get the balance of the current content down before they muck it up with a PvP mode! I started with Ranger and they have a pretty high burst combo compared to other Javelins. Don't forget it's all about your items and what kind of percentages you have buffing your damage. That's what truly makes or breaks any Javelins performance and damage.

My interceptor isn't even 600, but can do normal hits of 5k with a 12k finisher on the normal melee attack thanks to the buffs my items give me. I wreck things so fast, but that's the case for many others with good items.

So, I don't think Rangers would be at any more of a disadvantage than other Javelins simply because of items and how they scale damage output. And their system for damage calculations is currently broken, so talking about PvP when they don't even have those numbers right would be a nightmare in PvP to balance with a system that is currently broken.

Message 17 of 19 (117 Views)
Highlighted

@BigKingWoof wrote:

Or...we can speak up and state our complaints we have with the Ranger instead of adding a broken PVP mode that will completely destroy the balance of the game along with adding more bugs.

I see we are both people of great culture!

yeah exactly this. You need don’t need no stinky-heep- playstyle to figure these things out. 

In in my opinion PVP still should have no place in this game. It’d still make me walk away.

Message 18 of 19 (93 Views)
Highlighted

@In7yg0 wrote:

@Mryellowpinky wrote:
You're wrong.

ye dw...those guys got it explained a thousand times already. there is no reasoning behind this request, just desire

i dont know how to respond to these demands anymore, for me either saying nothing or being silly. how do you guys manage?

I have an endless burning rags for PvP suggestions. I can fuel an entire countries power source with my rage!

lol, seriously though I get all ham-med up when I read a PvP post of PvP nonsense, even the ones that contain sense because of the nerf crying it will bring. That’s how’s I deal :3

Message 19 of 19 (87 Views)
Twitter Stream