Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Puzzle + insufficient communication sys= ?

by Tossboyfish91

Original Post

Highlighted

Puzzle + insufficient communication sys= ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

WinkHorrible !

-OP--------------------------------------------------------------

The puzzle parts in the new stronghold expose a major flaw of Anthem, no communication system at all. And it severely affects player`s gaming experience. 

The scenery is great as always. But without a convenient way to communicate, doing puzzles is just a waste of time and i`d rather go back to HOR.

-Lateast--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to @IvoryTemplar  pointing out. It dose have a way, called VOIP, to do in-game communication.

However, it is far from enough.

As far as i know, there r only a few ppl using VOIP to communicate, and none of my friends use it. That`s the reason why I almost forget it.

Besides there r always some annoying problems when ppl chose to talk with voice, like accent, mic problem, noise etc. Otherwise some ppl just prefer typing instead of talking. Or they simply don`t want to hear it. 

Sadly, the only way to type is to add sb as a friend and it`s nearly impossible if u r in a stranger grp.

So, what I hope is one day Anthem ll get an in-game typing system, just like battlefield did. But at this moment, puzzle gaming is horrible with strangers 

Message 1 of 7 (144 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Puzzle + No communication sys= ?

★★★★ Novice
Game has VOIP built in.

How is that no communication system.
Message 2 of 7 (115 Views)
Highlighted

The puzzles are hardly difficult.

If someone is trying to align the dials, keep the mobs off them.

If someone is pushing plungers, help them out.

It's really not rocket science.

I think this will be my favorite Stronghold...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 3 of 7 (114 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Frownalright ,my fault

but obviously it is not enough, cuz ppl don`t use it. some ppl just prefer typing instead of talking 

Message 4 of 7 (86 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Tossboyfish91 wrote:

Frownalright ,my fault

but obviously it is not enough, cuz ppl don`t use it. some ppl just prefer typing instead of talking 

So talking and typing ≠communication?

Message 5 of 7 (80 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

we can talk, and that is true. but it`s nearly impossible to type when u meet a stranger.(cuz u have to add him as a friend)

u know there r always some problem when u chose to talk, like mic problem, accent etc. strangers may not understand or simply miss what u r talking about. 

if there`s a typing system in game, it would be more convenient to do puzzle

Message 6 of 7 (64 Views)
Highlighted

@Tossboyfish91 wrote:

we can talk, and that is true. but it`s nearly impossible to type when u meet a stranger.(cuz u have to add him as a friend)

u know there r always some problem when u chose to talk, like mic problem, accent etc. strangers may not understand or simply miss what u r talking about. 

if there`s a typing system in game, it would be more convenient to do puzzle

Why type? I'd like to play with people concentrating, not writing messages to each others.

Use a mic if you want to talk, though the puzzle doesn't require it.

I can't see any need for text-based communication aside from accessibility reasons, to be honest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)
Twitter Stream