Re: Putting together a PRO team for Squadrons

by Kevlegs

Original Post

Putting together a PRO team for Squadrons

★★★★★ Apprentice

The time has come. This is your calling card to fly with the best. Do you think you can make it to the top of the leaderboards in ranked matches? Do you aim still higher to be the top 10? Does Sci-fi run through your soul, and you've dreamed of a day when you could finally put your skills to the ultimate test in an environment of true competition?

If you think high level Esports action is the place you want to be, come join me in building the competitive team you've been waiting for. In this winter's upcoming Calrissian Cup I only intend on flying with the best, and will stop short at nothing but the top prize.

I'm not asking for anyone to join a squadron, or have me lead them. I'm looking to help build a team. From scratch. Made of professionals in the field who know their way around a flight stick using fast reflexes, tight comms, and battlefield composure. Age is not a determining factor, but maturity and skill are. I don't care if you're a part of another Squadron or even lead one, colors make no difference, nor does faction. This is about putting together the finest group of pilots in the game, and if I'm not the worst player on my team, I'm doing this backwards.

My story is no different than you. Pulled the Atari out of the attic at age 5, got the Super Nintendo at age 10. Beat all three paths of Star Fox by age 11. Freelancer, Wing Commander and X-wing series ran through my veins. 1000+ hours in Star Citizen, 1000+ hrs in Elite. Thousands more steeped in the gaming genre that we love. We've all been waiting for a game like this since the days of up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start.

Serious inquiries only. No hardcore roleplay, no weekend warrior casuals, just individuals who crave victory and domination through pure skill and communication. No server invites, there are 20 slots open, just reach out through a DM if you think you have what it takes. -GFL

Pilots Wanted

Message 1 of 37 (1,657 Views)

★ Guide

I will have my own squadron.. "The Cavern Angels" 

Painless 101 (Yes That guy from Star Fighter Assault on Xbox)   Standard smile

We will look out for you guys.  

Message 2 of 37 (1,638 Views)

★★ Guide

I tend to fly solo, and often come first in Starfighter assault in Bf2. I mean, how hard can it possibly be?

Once you know the controls, anything’s possible.

Message 3 of 37 (1,591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The team setup of Squadrons 5v5 will lend itself victorys to those flying tight and working well together. The lone wolf will always get his prey, but it's the pack that will achieve victory and win over time. Love to play sometime tho dude, you sound like a good pilot!

Message 4 of 37 (1,563 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@GreenFoxLeader Do you see the multiplayer having such longevity and competitiveness?

I feel it's one of those games where you reach the top very quickly and people just casually play. I'm certainly not hating on it i'm just not sure i see the esports side of it, at least not yet.
Message 5 of 37 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CarbonCarl I stopped playing SFA because it was far too easy. I played it once a few months ago after a year off, won the match, top of the board, quit and stopper playing again. lol
I'll do the same if that happens in this game. I don't think it'll hold players interest for too long, well, me anyway...
Time will tell...
Message 6 of 37 (1,485 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@GreenFoxLeader "Pulled the Atari out of the attic at age 5"

I pulled it out of the box new around age 6. Standard smile
Message 7 of 37 (1,482 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Kevlegs Oof you guys make me feel old, i hit the snes at around 10 and didn't get an atari, but life did start on the commodore 64 for me, i just don't recall a flight game for it.
Message 8 of 37 (1,417 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CarbonCarl Feel old? I'llswap with ya. lol
Message 9 of 37 (1,412 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Kevlegs you don't wanna swap, i'm an old man trapped in a young mans body haha
Message 10 of 37 (1,408 Views)