Put a 5 min ban (stacking) on players who leave winter express

by SWgeebz

Original Post

Put a 5 min ban (stacking) on players who leave winter express

★★★★★ Novice

Just as the title says, average game takes around 15-20 min. Maybe shorter if you go 3-0. People leaving at start because you picked their "class" and or because they died in the 1st round and you didn't do enough to support them. This mode is fun but its not fun when you have a game of like 6 people.

5 min ban for this isn't that harsh, and if they do it again within say a 24 hr period make it stack to 10, 15 etc... this isn't making it bad for people who leave it makes it good for the people who stay and try.

Message 1 of 7 (395 Views)

Re: Put a 5 min ban (stacking) on players who leave winter express

★★★★★ Expert
@SWgeebz I don’t think many would care tho. Most just play the game mode for the hecticness or fun of it but if a timer is placed they can just play normal apex. Whereas if you put a ban on Apex pubs for instance when there’s only pubs + ranked you take away half the experience and lots of ppl don’t do ranked so basically you took away incentive to play apex for 5+ minutes so that actually teaches them not to quit.
Message 2 of 7 (378 Views)

★ Guide
@SWgeebz Yes an excellent idea! Let's implement the crappy punishment system from MOBAs! Wonderful
Message 3 of 7 (362 Views)

Champion

@SWgeebz 

HAHAHA!! Large smile

I agree with you.

Too many people abandoned matches because they lost just 1st round.

The match is not yet over though.

Spoiler
I really feel sad when the devs added a abandon penalty in the ranked match.
The most sad thing is I completely agree that is a good idea and clearly my experience in ranked got better.
Message 4 of 7 (344 Views)

★★ Pro

Normally I would not care, but leaving this mode screws over 8 people from having a legit game.

Message 5 of 7 (333 Views)

Champion

Today, I got PC crash 2 times in a row while playing Apex winter express.

Maybe because of the graphic board problem.

Yeah... I deserve to that penalty... Devil

(In 1 match, we almost won and I don't know the result.)

Message 6 of 7 (287 Views)

★ Apprentice

The code can tell if you crash or willingly abandon. I agree crashes shouldn't be penalized, but this game is seriously not fun since at least half my games so far have people leave because they're not happy with the first round. They're even high-ranked.

I have a news-flash for you. If you play a game with 20 squads where there's 1 winner with an attitude of "I wanna win or it's not fun"... well I'd probably be banned for explaining my opinion of you.

As stated by others, we should only match leavers with leavers. Unsure about the 2nd guy to leave though. Once you see 2 of you are left... it's disheartening. I'm not here because it happened once. I'm here from it happening all day. I'm about to ignore this Winter thing if it proves more annoying than neat. I don't really care about rewards when they're pretty colors. Gameplay doesn't change. All I really win is high stress and being PO'd during the holidays because the devs won't address their own community.

I'll never understand a company that does this: "We bought you because you're successful. Now quit doing that and do things our way. Why aren't you still doing well?"

Message 7 of 7 (261 Views)