Re: Purple Airdrop, where the mess starts

by JonStriker126

Original Post

Purple Airdrop, where the mess starts

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

gotta love this mode, 6-7 squads left, purple CP drops, all of a sudden people start to camp with these fully kitted snipers. Triple takes and charge rifles left & right, you either push or camp too Large smile

also, kraber lost its perks, what's the point of having it when there's only 1 squad left and a small ring...

I hope this mode not gonna make a comeback Frown

Message 1 of 10 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bosourdThat and it makes Bangs smoke useless late game, everyone has digital threats. This was not a good LTM. It had potential but I'm not a fan of it. I also just want PUBS..

What's the point to floor loot anymore?! You can just craft it or get a purple gun.. No point in running around looking for attachments. 

I just shut the game off for the night. I'm burnt out on platinum + lobbies. I don't want to play this LTM. There is just nothing fun about it for me. I'm at a point in ranked in which I have to try and put together a premade to be competitive. That is difficult because it's hard to find people who 1. belong in platinum + lobbies and 2. are on west coast server in the US. Even if I have a premade I don't want to always play ranked it's high stress and completely different game. 

The LTM has ruined my favorite legend. I don't know who thought forcing us to play an LTM for PUBS was a good idea. But it's not.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (529 Views)

★ Expert

Yep. I hate it too.

I usually get 30 kills per session. Last night I gave up on 10. All the dumb players go straight to the boxing ring or the blue CP drop and half of them get annihilated. Most games I ended up solo within two minutes. Meet a co-ordinated squad and you're dead.

The boxing ring is pointless as enemies just wait for you to come out so they can blast you.

The only thing they can keep from this LTM are the MRVNs, but not carrying bits of them around so you can make your own.

If tonight is a disaster too I'm taking a longggggg break until PUBS comes back.

Message 3 of 10 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EdwardDLuffyThe people that drop on the initial care packages are so dumb. There are spitfires, wingman and mastiffs with 2x1s in them. Oh and havocs you cant put a turbo on. The only decent thing is the blue shields. The other night me and a friend would drop near those, do our normal looting and then push and kill the people that went to the drop. We actually had fun.

But yeah overall the ltm is garbage and being forced to play it is quite a stupid move.

Message 4 of 10 (492 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor Did you see my video of the care package dropship drop? :D

I was solo within 20 seconds ...
Message 5 of 10 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhorAgreed.. I have no issue making it to the final drops. After that Bang is useless. Can't wait for this LTM to be over. The boxing ring I enjoy, it's not a huge deal to be on the map.. If it's something you don't want to mess with don't enter it. But this care package system and being forced to play it was a really bad idea.

4 days and 6 hours of it.. 

We are not the only ones who don't like it, the server is absolutely dead right now. 30 people in queue for pubs, 2 friends online. I typically have 8-20 friends online in apex. 

I don't think people would hate it so much if they were not forced to play it.

@EdwardDLuffy I got myself killed on a LL package. Few seasons ago thought I'd be cool and show off my slide skills, sliding under the package drop location.. Yeah I was not so cool after all.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 10 (484 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex never think of it that way but now I realize it's absolutely true, I've wasted so much time looting from one building to another and then changed fully kitted guns mid-game from CP without a kill...
Message 7 of 10 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bosourd

Yeah, this is all just hot garbage. I made a long post about my issues with this Collection Event on another thread.

Basically, to sum up what I said in that comment:

I think it's dumb that the Path skin they hyped up isn't even part of the main collection event. I think the Boxing Ring is bad, because people camp it, and before they fixed it, people could shoot you with guns in there. Also, I hate the fact that this mode replaced Pubs, forcing people to either play ranked or not play at all, if they don't like it. And even if you do play it, it's just a mess. One of the event challenges is to deal damage with those kitted weapons, So if you're not picking those up, any damage you do doesn't go toward your event reward tracker. And, If you try to hot drop to get them off the main Drop Ship, You will more than likely die, which makes it hard to get top 10. Both of those things combine makes it a slog to get your event points, in my opinion.

And, this is before we even throw in the other issues I've had with Apex, especially this season. For example, the amount of leavers I've seen, the amount of AFK players I've seen, and the amount of times that I've entered a game without having a full squad (It will just be me or me and one other person, in a Trios match), is ridiculous. Those issues are definitely way up for me, in comparison to the last couple seasons. Then of course you have server connection issues, the poor matchmaking, etc etc. All things that have been here for a very long time, but just make an LTM/Event like this even worse. It's just putting gasoline on the fire.

Honestly, my BP is done. And once I get my points done for the Event rewards, I'm shutting Apex off for the rest of the Event. Hell, probably for the rest of the season, because I just need a break from all this garbage before we go into S8.

Ugh, Season 7, man. It's been a rough one. Personally, it's my least favorite season so far... by a lot.

Message 8 of 10 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I don't like this LTM either. The only reason I'm playing is because of obssession to complete the tracker since the tracker won't come back.

Basically I force myself to play it eventhough I don't like it, not  a good feeling.

After I'm done with that, I won't touch this LTM ANYMORE !

Correction:

I WON'T TOUCH APEX until LTM ends.

Message 9 of 10 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. Once I finish my main event rewards (the 5,000 points), I'm done with it. I probably won't even play Apex for the rest of the season. Honestly, season 7 with all its crap, has really drained me, and I just need a freaking break before we go into S8.

as I said in my other comment, season 7 has been my least favorite season, by far. Between all these issues with the collection event / LTM, The issues with the battle pass, them requiring you to get more treasure packs for the quests, them not having Kings canyon in rotation, and other things, I'm just done with it. I just want it to end

Message 10 of 10 (339 Views)