Re: Purchasing DLC for Origin-bought games through Steam

Community Manager

Happy to be of help @danileal97.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 21 (1,834 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko If I switch to steam to play apex legend will I be able to buy apex coins with my steam wallet or do I have to buy apex coin of origins?
Message 12 of 21 (1,821 Views)

★ Novice
@Cantiras If I switch to steam to play apex legend will I be able to buy apex coins with my steam wallet or do I have to buy apex coin of origins?
Message 13 of 21 (1,818 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NovaStarOG as I understand it you will be able to purchase content through Steam.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 21 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was planning to buy downloadble Content Octane edition on steam. Can i still use the skins at Origin? Or it will only stay at Steam?

@EA_Darko 

Message 15 of 21 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can buy base game on Steam and DLC on Origin for EA games, but will it work for not EA games?

Message 16 of 21 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you have bought the game on a cd and not on origin, can you just launch it on origin and then buy steam DLC? I mean i don't know how to properly ask what i need to ask, but does it make any diffrence or it doesn't matter if you bought it online or on a cd? 

Message 17 of 21 (1,278 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko This is not working. I bought TS4 through both Steam and Origin and, according to your post here, it should work to play my DLC (the expansion packs bought through both clients) on my Steam game. Help please?
Message 18 of 21 (1,241 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to update, I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!

I completely removed Origin from my computer (not the games, just Origin) and then put my laptop in timeout for a couple days (turned off, unplugged, put in the corner...literally in timeout). Came back a couple days after (today), tried to open Origin downloaded TS4 and received the error that it was not installed (good!). Tried to open the Steam downloaded TS4 and it immediately went through the Origin download and setup (Good!) Then I opened the Steam game and it showed I still didn't have the Origin content installed (correct). Went to Origin and BOOM, it said I had new content to download (odd...since I still had it all). But I went through the installation process and bada-bing, bada-boom, it all installed again. EXCEPT...the base game did NOT install. It downloaded fully but there's still an "install" when I hover over it in the Origin app. So...I went back to the game that was still open, hovered over my Saved game and it said "content not installed, restart required". So I did that...and whammo... ALL. OF. THE. CONTENT. WAS. THERE. From both Steam AND Origin!!!!!!!

#SoExcited :D

Message 19 of 21 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Really bad that you can't use DLC purchased on Steam for the origin base game. EA really need to sort this out!

Message 20 of 21 (1,006 Views)