Re: Punching while shooting

by warslag

Original Post

Punching while shooting

★★★ Newbie

I've been experiencing a bug where as soon as a press to shoot I throw a punch instead. Even when I change my button layout for a different option the same bug happens to me. It also happens to a couple of People I played with, when I told em about it.

Message 1 of 39 (13,263 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Is this on a console? I recommend changing the button that has the stick be the punch button. I did that and a lot changed.
Message 2 of 39 (13,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yup on PS4. Cant's say for the rest. Yes I changed to that one and I have gotten the same issue. Thought it was my controller and I used another and same problem.
Message 3 of 39 (13,197 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @vegito663 and welcome to the forums!

I wonder if resetting your button layout to default might help?

Let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 39 (13,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thanks, so the problem happens less than before. I think its because when one doesnt have a gun the shoot trigger serves as a meele option too besides the right stick and when I have a gun it may not be registering my gun or something like that. Though yes it happens less often
Message 5 of 39 (13,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@vegito663 Yes. This happening really often with me too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8FarvuTfsA Here is a vid in my channel from this! Mainly happening with havoc but I have this bug with all weapons.
Message 6 of 39 (12,545 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Happen a lot to me before, since during fight, u tend to be more intense with ur thumb and accidently pressing down harder than ussual which trigger Meele action.

To avoid it:

1. Setting -> Controller -> Use CUSTOM button layout (last one at the bottom)

2. Change the meele option from pressing right thumb stick to something else that you barely use.

Message 7 of 39 (12,536 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@asukojo This is a game issue, it happens to me too. It’s not me hitting the right stick. Not sure why nobody is taking this seriously since it’s a real issue.
Message 8 of 39 (12,247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It has happens to me since the launch of the game and I can’t figure out how to fix it.

It’s not my controller, because it has happened to many people I know and I even tried with a brand new one and it won’t work.

it happens mainly with the havoc.

i think it’s a game issue, because when I’m in the training range it doesn’t do it but in game it does.

it didn’t happen once the turbo charger was in.

now that the turbo charger is gone is season 4, the havoc is unplayable again.

i stopped playing it ever since season 2, I was sick of losing fights because I randomly punched the air.

no, changing the layout of the buttons does not work... or at least it doesn’t remove the problem completely.

i really strongly believe that it’s a serious issue. Many people have complained about it (I’m on PS4 by the way) and the havoc is the cause.

in season 1 it happened to me with the spitfire.

now it only happens with the havoc.

many don’t believe me tho in game, thinking that I’m just making up excuses for having lost them a fight... especially because I kill 2 of them, then I switch to my second weapon, and then my character either punches trafigge away or in the middle of firing.

I’m sick of this. Bye havoc once again. F*ck you for having costed me so many games. 

Message 9 of 39 (11,893 Views)

Champion

@Maakaa_97 You're definitely not just pushing melee by accident?

Try switching your melee and crouch buttons around? Play a few games and tell me if you're random punching bud.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 39 (11,883 Views)