Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Public Opinion of Anthem {X_X} It's Disheartening

by 000No-Mercy000

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Endoproxy wrote:

I was a huge supporter of Anthem but I'm on the fence at this point. Objectively; Anthem is still the train wreck it was in development and they have a lot of work to do to fix it. They've even admitted as much recently. It's a real shame that it was pushed out in this state because you only get one chance to launch a new IP and they pretty much blew it. I honestly don't know if it will recover now that they've dropped the ball but I hope it will. Personally, I need a break because I'm really getting frustrated and starting to dislike the game. I can't even play since the latest update thanks to the vault bug, even after I've deleted a ridiculous amount of loot. I need something to actually play and they are too busy fixing the game to release new content. Hopefully in a few months Anthem will be in a better place and I'll have reason to come back.

Come join us on Warframe if you haven't already, plenty to do there and always adding new things to do and the devs  actually listen and give feedback to the players on a consistent basis.

Message 10 of 16 (161 Views)

★★ Guide

Anthem is the best game to come out this year. My favorite in a long time. It sucks watching massive amount of players beat it to death mob style. If they actually wanted it to succeed they would support it. If gamers want a game to be supported they need to support it. Unfortunately gamers every now then pick a game to bully and hate into the ground. Going way beyond reason. 

I hope it hangs in there. It’s so much fun. It’s so beautiful. The new stronghold is awesome. That final level of the stronghold is gorgeous and epic. Keep it going! The Freelancers honor must be restored!

Message 12 of 16 (136 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

Anthem is the best game to come out this year. My favorite in a long time. It sucks watching massive amount of players beat it to death mob style. If they actually wanted it to succeed they would support it. If gamers want a game to be supported they need to support it. Unfortunately gamers every now then pick a game to bully and hate into the ground. Going way beyond reason. 

I hope it hangs in there. It’s so much fun. It’s so beautiful. The new stronghold is awesome. That final level of the stronghold is gorgeous and epic. Keep it going! The Freelancers honor must be restored!

The concept behind the game is great. The combat is great. The flying is great. The rest has been poorly executed, and that is being generous. They are slowly fixing things but they are dropping the ball more than they score. They need to fix the major issue, loot, and once they fix that, they will buy themselves much needed time to fix the rest of it and add new content to keep the game from being what it is now, a lootless, painfully grindy unrewarding experience.

Message 13 of 16 (112 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I feel like that's exactly what happened with Mass Effect: Andromeda. It was almost as if people were ready to hate it. The memes with the face animation were totally unfair. All games have animation issues here and there. I played through it 4 times with different builds and even jumped into the multiplayer (which is unusual for me).

Message 14 of 16 (86 Views)

★★ Guide

Players who play only for loot and consider it a grind... it’s an alien concept to me. I come from a background of playing video games for fun. Space Invaders and PAC-Man never gave me loot. Mari bros never gave me loot. Galaxian and Defender never gave me loot and yet the game play kept me playing for hours. I understand that it was a different time and that now gameplay is the chore to obtain the real good which is some kind of loot thing... I mention these games of the past because the gameplay in Anthem is so much fun it actually takes me back in a nostalgic way to a time when fun was the top priority. Anthem nails it.  

I would love love tons of strongholds and tons of armor and all of it... but the game is amazing as is.

Message 15 of 16 (62 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

These reviews are pretty spot on, very much public opinion of this game from the people I have spoken to about this game.

The game is dying and EA are not doing themselves any favours by holding off DLC with no release dates.

They are just digging themselves a bigger hole.

Allot of people have moved on and you can see how bad is is by the posts here with people wondering where has everybody gone??

This could have been such a great game, the concept is awesome, just needed to be made by better developer.

Message 16 of 16 (56 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help