Re: Prowler burst fiterate needs a little nerfing.

by Supremest01

Original Post

Prowler burst fiterate needs a little nerfing.

★★★ Pro

I just burst to death at close range by a prowler.

I had Octane and stimmed in with my mastiff.

I sweat. a life put 3 to 5 butsts on me in lrss than second.

I was barely able to get off 1 mastiff shot before I was dead.

I am happy for the prowler buff, but

the high accuracy + high firerate is deadly.

Message 1 of 13 (469 Views)

★★ Expert

No reason at all to use select fire hop up anymore. Just like the Hemlok, the pull down has been reduced significantly, they might as well allow us to dual wield the things. Who asked for this?

100% bet someone's gonna quote, "But full auto Prowler has better DPS!" You're right, but you're fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between burst damage and damage per second. 

Message 2 of 13 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@pastaclown wrote:

You're right, but you're fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between burst damage and damage per second. 

Explain

Message 3 of 13 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 Auto prowler got buff, burst is the same as always. Why does burst need a nerf? Burst needs a buff!
Message 4 of 13 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@1ronKeys Damage per second is measured as how much damage can you consistently deal at a steady rate, while burst damage is how much damage can you output as fast as humanely possible.

Prowler has a lower burst fire DPS of 165, because it's factoring in the 0.2 second downtime between each 5 round burst. Full auto hits 195 DPS because there's no cooldown between shots, if you wanted a higher DPS for full auto, you'd make the Prowler fire faster.  

But burst damage and sustained damage fulfill two wildly different roles. Burst damage is to dump as much damage as you can in a short of a window as possible, think Kraber, Wingman, and Peacekeeper. Sustained damage is for prolonged fights where you need as much damage as you can output to kill the enemy, think R99, Devotion, Flatline.

If you pit a Kraber vs. a Flatline at medium range, the Kraber would most likely lose if they miss their first shot. You'd want a weapon with higher DPS because they can recover from and have the time to recover from missing a shot while burst DPS weapons can't. But if you tried to snipe a static target with a Flatline, they'd most likely scramble for cover before you can knock them fully. With that, you'd want a high burst DPS weapon, because you only have the one shot window before the enemy notices you and scrambles for cover. 

@Koochi-Q Auto Prowler got nerfed, burst Prowler got buffed. 

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-6-patch-notes

"

• Slightly Reduce vertical recoil in burst mode
  • Increase horizontal recoil in Auto Mode "

Message 5 of 13 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@pastaclown Thankyou, kind carbjester

Message 6 of 13 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown Totally forgot that, only still remembered the auto point... thanks for the correction.
Message 7 of 13 (391 Views)

★ Guide

burst mode has high DPS then most guns in game 3 burst and a Purple evo is Dust ! 

Message 8 of 13 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@hhnbbfggty66
@IDTAKEN192000  could you please inspect for CB and give your feedback and comment please

Message 9 of 13 (315 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q The burst was BUFFED!!

READ THE FREAKING PATCH NOTES OR AYLEAST TRY OUT ALL THE WEAPONS IN THE FIRING RANGE!!!

GOSH

People reply to post half-cocked!!
Message 10 of 13 (311 Views)