Proposition for EA Origin to create unique user ID numbers (like Battlenet)

by VoLTsl

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Proposition for EA Origin to create unique user ID numbers (like Battlenet)

★★ Novice

I would just like to take this opportunity to provide EA with an idea regarding Origin/EA user ID's and how profiles could be more suitably uniquely identified in the form of ID # numbers instead of their actual user ID's on the EA network. This, like Battlenet and Discord have adopted, will allow users to change their usernames to anything they like without having to think of a different user ID because the one they chose has been already been taken by another user.

I believe this would be especially beneficial as there are various Origin accounts that are and have been inactive for a number of years and users like myself are unable to adopt a desired username because of an inactive user that hasn't logged in for a very long time or doesn't even use their account at all.

For example, instead of Origin identifying users on their ID such as 'VoLTsl', Origin can identify users by the ID number of 'VoLTsl' such as #44532. This would of course allow the network to identify different users even if they have an identical user ID as another user with 'VoLTsl' may have a different ID number of #41382.

Essentially I believe this is a suitable and reasonable idea considering the constantly growing EA player base with which further accounts will be created and the growing amount of users in which they will have to create undesirable user names to connect themselves to the EA network.

Thanks for reading,

VoLTsl.

Message 1 of 3 (948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Proposition for EA Origin to create unique user ID numbers (like Battlenet)

Community Manager

Hey @VoLTsl if a username is already taken then you will need to choose a different one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the name to see if you can find a name close to the one you want.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (883 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @VoLTsl if a username is already taken then you will need to choose a different one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the name to see if you can find a name close to the one you want.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (884 Views)

★★ Novice

No problem at all I shall try different variations of my username and see if any desired usernames are available.

Generally speaking, this thread I created was more so just an opportunity for me to share my ideas that EA could possibly implement in the future if they wish, and I just wanted to give my perspective of the idea such as the advantages and the benefits of the system in comparison to the current system currently in place.

Message 3 of 3 (863 Views)