Re: Proposal for balance fixes to ALL legends.

by OPL3XITY

Original Post

Proposal for balance fixes to ALL legends.

★ Guide

Hi. I already posted this in the feedback section, but I would also like these proposals being discussed with other players for quality assurance. I'm a fairly skilled player for my relatively old age of 40. I also happen to be a games developer and used to play competitively when I was younger in games like Counter Strike, Star Craft and Unreal Tournament.

Here is how to balance current legends, listed from best to worst:

High Tier:

Wraith: Increase hitbox size by 12%, making her as big as Lifeline and Bloodhound. Some (quite few) bullets do not seem to register and I suspect that's partly because of her small hitbox.

Pathfinder: After playing a bit more against Pathfinder I have to join the club of those who say his hitbox is broken. Lots of bullets really do not register and this is probably a big reason why he is among the most successful at the moment. When his hitbox is fixed he will probably be one of the worst again. In this case you can shrink the player model a bit. He needs his passive replaced with something better, like always knowing the next circle without doing scans. At the very least add even more radar locations and make them static.

Bangalore: Keep as is.

Lifeline: Keep as is.

Octane: Almost fully balanced. Make removal of vial animation faster as it blocks certain actions like melee attack, or simply make it not block melee.

Mid tier:

Bloodhound: Reduce volume of ultimate ambient sound by 25% for other players or consider switching ambient cue out with a visual cue, like a glow effect around the character model, now people just run away or gang up on him. (Consider removing Ultimate FOV increase and add annotations to the edges of the screen for out of view nearby enemies as FOV increase hurts muscle memory and makes you hit less) Make tactical markings stick 2 seconds longer, he should also slow\stun enemies within range of tactical for 2 seconds or so. 

Mirage: Current passive is a joke and the worst passive of all by far. Switch it out with blinking between transparent and opaque for 3 sec when shot upon. (Since he is blinking it makes sense that he can still attack) (triggers like Bangalores passive) His Ultimate also needs to send out moving decoys like his tactical, at least half of them need to move.

Low Tier:

Caustic: Nice going with buffing him, it helped a lot, but not enough. I still think it should not be possible to deactivate the traps without them triggering. It's far too easy for skilled players to just shoot at the bottom, making Caustic not being taken seriously by pros. When you have to put the traps in super hidden locations to not get deactivated it makes them too conditional.

Make friendly gas have a different color, like more blue, and make it so it does not affect teammates, because now traps stimulate bad team play by having to split up a bit.

Reduce Ultimate cooldown by 20% and\or make Ultimate Accelerants faster to use for all legends. (I would make them instant, with just a short animation showing, this would help Caustic, Bloodhound and Gibraltar the most as they have the most powerful Ultimates, which is good as they are the weaker classes) He might need double fortified.

Gibraltar: Giving him more shield and fortified helped, but he is still the worst legend by far. You need to give him double fortified and make his shield appear instantly when going ADS. (now there is a small delay, removing this delay would make using shield an actual mechanical skill) An alternative or addition to giving him double fortified could be to make his shield protect his whole frontal body, 180 degrees.

What do you guys think? What should I change, remove or add to this list?

-Kind Regards,

ZeptikkHue

Message 1 of 4 (283 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with the full list. I must precise that right now all champion hitboxes seem to be broken when it comes to hit registering. I experienced the craziest reg issues against octane and caustic. Both of them were sprayed full mags in the chest with maybe 4-5 bullets registering on a total of more than 20 hits. 

So it's not a pathfinder issue, it's an issue that happens against every champion in the game.

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

★ Guide

Really? Where are you located? I've only experienced issues with Wraith and Pathfinder playing on EU servers.

Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm in NA and play on NA with 30ping and Pathfinder still causes so many issues. Bullets either go through, or hits don't register. This happens game after game to the point where my pre-made teams will focus the robot first in a fight to laser him down. It needs to be fixed.
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)