Re: Proposal: Add some more helpful tools to wrap editing. (NFSH)

by anti-loser1

Original Post

Proposal: Add some more helpful tools to wrap editing. (NFSH)

★★ Apprentice

Wrap editing is fun and half the entertainment in the game; truth be told, it needs a few more tools to really make it the best it can be: ("*" = My Favorite)

* Toggle Multiple Layers: If I make a logo of a bear out of multiple shapes, but need to adjust the size and position, it would be easier to just toggle multiple groups and edit it that way.

* Undo/Redo: Allow us to undo a mistake and reset the layer to it's previous coordinates and properties to its previous state. I've accidently deleted a layer repeatedly many times, so it would be nice to undo an unintentional mistake.

* Mirror Selected Layer: Extremely useful for "top", Mirroring would allow for more easy placement without the time or strain of calculating the coordinates of the opposite side. Could be toggled either in editing or in the menu of set decals.

Add new area to wrap: All: For those who want to have a tiger skin for their dodge viper (Lol) , it would be nice to select every section of the car, than apply the layer. You could go back through different parts of the car, and delete them individually if you wanted. (Ex. Delete the windshield portions of the tiger skin)

Skewing: This will allow us to get a parallelogram from a square easier than looking through the sticker list.

Border Toggle: If you have a shape that needs a border, but don't want another layer, this may be a good option to toggle

Message 1 of 10 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes! We need these options

Sometimes i want a border but it is impossible with the current decal.

Other games had it where you could save multiple layers as a set so you could move it as one unit, NFS Heat needs this

Mirroring on top/back/front is needed

Message 2 of 10 (703 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What I thought about is a "negative" toggle for decals wich removes parts of a previous layer if it is moved on top, to see the original car color in that area. Like an eraser tool in Photoshop.

Message 3 of 10 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@H0XTON72 wrote:

What I thought about is a "negative" toggle for decals wich removes parts of a previous layer if it is moved on top, to see the original car color in that area. Like an eraser tool in Photoshop.

You mean something like a cookie cutter right? That would be cool, but i could potentially see some problems with that. For example how many layers would it cut out? How would you be able to tell it that?

Message 4 of 10 (660 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It doesn't need to be too complicated so it would be fine imo if all layers under it got removed.

Message 5 of 10 (616 Views)

★★ Expert

@Nyanbonecrush 

The game absolutely needs those features and more!

We need a full suite editor in this game!

All we ever get is these Micky Mouse tools to works on our rides!

Have a good day.

Message 6 of 10 (609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To get the same effect you can add a new decal shape on top that is the same color as the car. 

Message 7 of 10 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@NyanbonecrushId love a group thing.
I'd love undo! Biggest help would be undo or "accept changes/Are you sure you want to delete?"

Skewing would be helpful as well. But I've found that even simple shapes like a soft curve get skewed and turn one side of the bend larger... Making it look like a check mark

Message 8 of 10 (568 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LightGesture Actually starting to get into decals since NFSU/U2.. I wish there was an eraser. Or at least some decals didn't show decal lines! How can you make a faded decal show lines at the end of the fade? Looks so clashy!
Message 9 of 10 (557 Views)

★★ Guide
@LightGesture Yes this is a major bug. You should not see the outline no matter what! It really annoys me and ruins alot of my wraps.
Message 10 of 10 (490 Views)