Re: Project A

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

Project A

★★★★★ Expert

Seems project A give us a lot of promises that Apex struggle with

Respawn has a huge leap on the animation/graphic but they really need to fix the fundamental otherwise some players will consider Project A, especially if they can match Apex graphic details and fast pace.

Message 1 of 9 (349 Views)

★★ Expert
@asukojo BR type of game? Looks fun but if it's just multiplayer than it kinda looks like another Overwatch.

Which is meh for me.
Message 2 of 9 (342 Views)

★★ Guide
@asukojo Does it also come with 2009 servers?
Message 3 of 9 (339 Views)

★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead Looks/sounds to me more like a cartoony r6s.

In which case.... I'm just gonna play r6s lol
Message 4 of 9 (328 Views)

★★★ Guide

Am I the only one that found that vid to be a little disingenuous?

I get where they're coming from, but "netcode" is a dumbed down laymans term for any number of things. To have them put an emphasis on that and anti-cheat feels a little patronizing at least.  

Message 5 of 9 (317 Views)

★★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix it looks like an off brand overwatch but it would be fun to try in a BR mode.

Not so fun in any other way.
Message 6 of 9 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@blkarmphoenixIt is a mix of R6s, CoD & overwatch, so you’re feeling is quite accurate.

It’s not a BR unless they’ve added it. From it’s initial video last year it’s supposed to be a tactical shooter with abilities enabled gameplay but they didn’t disclose how many on a map but I’m guessing 4 or 6 on each team.

Alot of ppl are looking forward on it. Unless this is another vid, the first teaser they showed mentioned netcode & anti-cheat as well. It’s made by LoL people and you know how they are :P

[EDIT] watched 5 seconds of the clip. This is the teaser shown last year at TGA. This was an in-house vid, so it wasn’t actually meant to be visually stunning, it’s a portfolio showcasing the game, so expect it to be a lot less rough and more stunning when it even enters alpha testing

Message 7 of 9 (306 Views)

★★★ Expert
@asukojo I don't believe in promises.
Message 8 of 9 (276 Views)

★★ Pro

This is a CS:Go type of game, not similar to overwatch. It wants to establish itself as an Esports game and they have the means and people to so it. So not BR and not for console. 

Message 9 of 9 (255 Views)