Progression not working properly for weapons and vehicles (Solo/Coop AI)

by TDawg262

Original Post

Re: Progression not working properly for weapons and vehicles (Solo/Coop AI)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Alright, I just had a game on kaleidoscope conquest large in Portal, and we're REALLY missing out unfortunately...

They really need to either add Portal progression back like they did for AOW, or give AOW Solo/Coop 128 large maps, and randomized teams each game...

It's extremely lack luster the way it is now, and the large maps are waaay more fun tbh...

@LOLGotYerTags Can someone please do this? Like, seriously, we aren't getting the full experience here like we paid for, and we should be...

Message 1111 of 2,891 (645 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Tman26242 I really wonder will they have plan uncap xp/progression for solo/coop and portal mode in the future?
Message 1112 of 2,891 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@sagagt505I don't know anymore tbh. The XP cap is here to stay I believe, but the attachment and vehicle progression might be enabled again for Portal in the future...

Portal was, I believe, the main selling point of this game, and right now it serves absolutely no purpose, other then to just screw around in classic BF maps with your buddies...

It's bound to die eventually, if they don't give it the same treatment as AOW. I mean, they've basically solved their XP farm issue, so why leave progression locked still?

I'm just getting really tired of dealing with this game. I feel like it's been a complete letdown, and I'm tired of trying to get this issue fixed. I just want to enjoy myself dang it, and not have to be restricted like this...

Message 1113 of 2,891 (625 Views)

★★★ Guide

So based on official blog posted yesterday Portal should have progression enabled aswell, same as solo/coop one. So where it is?

Message 1114 of 2,891 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Update 3 next month is introducing a weekly challenge for skins / cosmetics. What's the bet that they only allow it to be achievable in MP..

Edit: And also the battlepass progression? That best be grindable in Solo. Most of us payed for the expensive editions to get the battlepass too.

Message 1115 of 2,891 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

if weekly challenges and battle pass progression are only achievable on MP then it's going to be hell for the unfortunate players and the amount of unfortunate players is not just a small handful

Message 1116 of 2,891 (348 Views)

Re: Progression not working properly (kills not counting towards attachments)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I thought it was supposed to be working again now? Just tried it out against bots and only about 10% of my kills, spots or assists show that I was rewarded XP, the final XP score also seems to be capped at 15780 and kills are NOT counting towards weapon unlocks. I need more kill to unlock a sight for a weapon and I got 40+ kills with that weapon and the count did not go up. 

What's going on? 

I totally get the XP cap (if its temporary to buy them some time) as that's probably based around your average players average XP that is globally earned in the game so it would help make things fair BUT if they want Portal to be taken seriously it HAS to be uncapped or what's the point, people want to create epic games but no one will play if you earn the exact same XP every single round and weapon unlocks don't work? 

Message 1117 of 2,891 (333 Views)

★ Guide
@RipGroove99 its working, but at a nerfed rate compared to AoW and only up till tier 3 which is just enough for you to unlock all the attachments
Message 1118 of 2,891 (518 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My kills are not counting towards attachments in Portal, so don't see how I can unlock anything.

Message 1119 of 2,891 (511 Views)

★ Guide

They supposedly added some "smart system" to detect if a player is intentionally farming in Portal so I'm guessing that kicked in?

Message 1120 of 2,891 (501 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help