Re: Progression not working properly (kills not counting towards attachments)

by Ebonflo

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@Crystalfied Well that's even more madness then. I just tried a server with bots set to the hardest setting with 100% health and still only got XP for half of the kills, spots and assist and even capturing flags.

Imagine if you wanted to take Portal seriously and creat some epic servers with big community followings only for no one to get any XP when they capture points in Conquest or whatever or be able to unlock anything while playing.
Message 1121 of 2,891 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is no “smart system” implemented. Weapon progression is straight up disabled in Portal and it looks like it’s not coming back. Have I known this before I wouldn’t have bought the game.

Message 1122 of 2,891 (683 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MarkoEr I think something "smart" for want of a much better word is going on in Portal because sometimes I get XP for doing stuff and sometimes I don't. Agreed though that weapon progression is 100% not working.
Message 1123 of 2,891 (663 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Surely the only real answer here is seperate progression for offline and online players? Those who only play offline can go do that against bots and unlock whatever but those unlocks won't appear when they go online. And then just don't reward any XP when you kill a bot in online servers.

Message 1124 of 2,891 (639 Views)

★★★ Guide

Portal need progression for weapons and characters. Period. Its a dead paltform since everyone need to level up all gear and skins now.

Message 1125 of 2,891 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

They can develop as many "smart" as they want but I honestly think that there's almost no solution to stop the xp servers from existing

Edit: the only solution i can come up with is to only enable progression on paid/rented official servers which also somewhat address the question of community wanting to rent their own server and even that won't fully kill the xp servers. Hell, it'll probably trigger even more people

Message 1126 of 2,891 (620 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I got a refund for the game because I had a feeling this would turn into a giant * show.
Glad to see I was not wrong!!!
Also how community/game managers cannot understand how THIS IS NOT ABOUT PORTAL absolutely baffles me... Are y'all stupid or are you actively trying to appear that way? Because you are doing a fantastic job

Message 1127 of 2,891 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Well I wasn't able to get a refund, but at least with this announcement that shows a lack of interest, concern and respect for those of us who put good money into the game shows that, at least for me, Battlefield is now beyond the point of no return and future titles in the franchise are not worth buying.

Each release in recent years has been poor in standard, fixes slow, and we are now at the stage that they are no longer selling incomplete games, but are selling then cutting to only effectively deliver half the package of features I paid for.

Hopefully another developer / publisher will bring out a similar title to take its place soon.

Message 1128 of 2,891 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Huh, where are all those community managers that were on here before? Lol. I guess since they moved our topic to the general discussions, there not saying anything now, and don't have too...

ffs man, just enable progression back into Portal, or give us the large maps and randomized teams for AOW. I just want to play 128 bots on 2042 large maps with Progression towards my weapons and vehicles. I'm tired of playing on the small AOW Solo/Coop maps with the same damn teams everytime. I don't even care about the XP cap, or T1 skins, just let us earn something!

This is not what we payed for!

Message 1129 of 2,891 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Tman26242 Agree, i bought the game cause of Portal knowing i can fully progress there and play smaller mostly infantry only gamemodes. All that was a lie and terrible marketing....
Message 1130 of 2,891 (1,211 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help