Problem with sticker shop, and a much needed change

by Spongeslob168

Original Post

Problem with sticker shop, and a much needed change

★★★★ Apprentice

Back in the good ol days of GW1, getting to complete the sticker shop was super easy, taking me under 400 hours. However, GW2 doesnt have that same luxary. I am about 390 items away from completion, and i have bought almost everything rux has sold and played almost every mystery portal and community challenge. But the problem is in the sticker shop. Sure it takes a long time to get items in the other methods. But the sticker shop is honestly a mess. Once you get close to getting all sticker shop items, the game starts to give you less and less per pack. Back in GW1, when you would buy, say, the bling pack, you'd get one super rare and a bunch of other rarity items. But once you got all the commons, which was inevitable, you would get maybe FIVE SUPER RARES IN A SINGLE PACK. This was a fantastic idea, as it allowed for much easier completion of something that shouldn't be hard to do in the first place. GW2, sadly, fails to make use of this awesome system. Now at the point I am of completion, when i buy a wondrous pack of greatness,  i am LUCKY to get ONE customization. The game only gives out the one super rare you're guaranteed, and it only has a chance to be an item. The game fails to distribute a proper amount of items per pack at higher sticker book completion, and it needs to be fixed.

Back before the sticker shop was revamped and, intern, before all the packs were blended together, it was worse, and has gotten "better" afterwards, but it is far from being a good system, and I hope popcap will somehow either see this, or get the message. What do you all think? or am I just making a big fuss for nothing? lol

Message 1 of 14 (976 Views)

Re: Problem with sticker shop, and a much needed change

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Many people have the same problem when near completion.

I understand the frustration. After we reached max rank, next goal would be complete the sticker book but current sticker pack and Rux make it almost impossible to do it Frown

I don't see the reason why we don't get customization we paid for it :

1. Positive way to see it  : It's a bug.

2. Neutral way to see it   : It's a way for EA to drag people to keep playing or paying for more coins Frown

3. Negative way to see it : It's a cheat/violation

4. Legal way to see it      : It's a scam that can go to court !

Regardless of the reason, this must be fixed !

Message 2 of 14 (954 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

absolutely. Im just praying that a new balancing patch will come that also fixes the sticker shop soon. 

Message 3 of 14 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]

Once you're down to about 400 stickers left (including all those RUX and CP stickers), getting a sticker out of a 35K pack is like winning the lottery.  I could seriously spend 500K and receive 3-4 stickers.

I finally finished the purchase-able stickers in the book a couple weeks ago, boy do those coins start adding up fast once you're down to just the minion packs.  And isn't it fun spending a half hour buying those to only get a handful of really useful consumables?

Message 4 of 14 (932 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Its just awful. I seriously haven't spent a coin in the sticker shop in the past 5 or so months because I'm trying to save my limited coins for rux since i don't play often enough anymore to just spend coins freely 

Message 5 of 14 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I got my last 3 legendary hats out of 2 packs after they patched the shop cause these were the only items in the shop i missed
Message 6 of 14 (923 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yeah that patch was helpful, but it sadly isnt enough for us long time plaeyrs

Message 7 of 14 (909 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pandareno1999wrote:

Once you're down to about 400 stickers left (including all those RUX and CP stickers), getting a sticker out of a 35K pack is like winning the lottery.  I could seriously spend 500K and receive 3-4 stickers.

I finally finished the purchase-able stickers in the book a couple weeks ago, boy do those coins start adding up fast once you're down to just the minion packs.  And isn't it fun spending a half hour buying those to only get a handful of really useful consumables?

It hurts so much to see this. I spent the better part of the weekend farming coins in solo mode. (Sorry, after over 1000 hours of the normal way I lost any sense of guilt over farming this way. I am waaaay past the sense of pride and accomplishment of running in EA's mouse wheel.) In this time I managed to get about 1.2M coins. Over 10 hours of "gameplay" and it is worth 3-4 stickers... If this is a bug, it is waaaay overdue for a fix. If this is intentional, I think the community should think twice before blindly buying GW3. (It is rare trends like this improve for the player.)

Message 8 of 14 (893 Views)

Anonymous

Re on whether the community should buy GW3 or not depends in my opinion on one's approach to the game. Some want the game signed off and sealed before moving on to GW3, ie. total completion, whereas I personally have no interest in acquiring the stickers and am more worried about completing the quests, finding the fishes, gnomes and globes and getting to max rank.

Message 9 of 14 (880 Views)

★ Guide
Completionists are usually the people concerned with acquiring everything the game has to offer. I'm personally content with getting the items I want and having a sizeable inventory. I'll buy GW3 because I'm a PVZ fan and 3rd person shooters are a pleasure of mine.
Message 10 of 14 (852 Views)