Problem with BF4 punkbuster

by HardrockMan68

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with BF4 punkbuster

★★ Novice

For a few months now I have not had the opportunity to play the legally bought by me BF4 since in every my attempt to do so
punkbuster kicks me out. I have tried all the possible ways which are described on the Internet related to a
similar problem, including two new instalations of the system, but without any success. The problem still exists.
What is left is to conclude that I have been deliberately blocked which is why I now kindly ask for your
assistance. I have never used cheating softwear, nor I have any idea how to do it. I realise I cannot prove that
and it is only my word that stands here. In case this is the reason for my problem I will be glad if it is in your
power to prove that for me and help.
All I want is to be able to play my favourite game again.

Message 1 of 19 (3,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with BF4 punkbuster

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @HardrockMan68.

Can I ask, do you see a message of any kind when this issue occurs?

If you believe that your account is blocked then you need to speak with PunkBuster support: http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (3,282 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @HardrockMan68.

Can I ask, do you see a message of any kind when this issue occurs?

If you believe that your account is blocked then you need to speak with PunkBuster support: http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 19 (3,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I receive messages every time that say I have been kicked by Punk Buster.
So I wrote to the appointed by you link more than once but had no reply.
I have no idea who should I write now to finally clear the problem so that I can play
my favourite game again.

Message 3 of 19 (3,269 Views)

★ Guide

@HardrockMan68

From Wikipedia: [quote] PunkBuster does not allow Windows users without administrative accounts to connect to any games. Upon connecting to a game, the user will be immediately kicked for having insufficient OS privileges. Starting with PB client v1.700, a Windows service with full administrative rights is used in complement with the ingame PunkBuster client, allowing updates without user rights elevation. However, some games might still require administrative rights before PunkBuster will function correctly. [/quote]

Are you an administrator on your computer?

I think PunkBuster is, and always has been Garbage software. While Anti-cheat initiatives have always been required, publishers who choose to go with that software will always get a scowl from me.

Message 4 of 19 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Novice

You need to take a look at your Pbcl log file to determine the actual reason for the kick from Punkbuster. I have been playing this game since 2014 with no issues till a week ago. I dont cheat, but yet Punkbuster says i do apparently Violation (GAMEHACK) #81668 this is such BS and there's nothing We the players who payed to own the game can do about it. Thats EA's response to there customers.

Message 5 of 19 (3,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just an FYI, You may think that Evenbalance aka Punkbuster wont respond but they will eventually.. give it about 2 weeks at the most but you going to get the same Auto reply from some lame named Alex that every one of us who is facing this problem gets: 

"The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."                                         Bottom line, We don't matter to EA or there 3rd party Hitman Evenbalance.. that said,

in my opinion has no business making a decision to remove us(The Players) from Ever playing a game we purchased rightfully and lawfully from another Company.  EA NEEDS TO TAKE ACTION!! 

Message 6 of 19 (3,162 Views)

★ Guide
@Ajmacaho925 Wow, they've added a lot of words to it. I remember when it was "We're correct, our detection system is 100% accurate, the ban stands"

I wonder if they outsourced their GUID system.

Pretty sure they used that Alex name back then though. Game was MW2.
Message 7 of 19 (3,153 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry to double post, but over on Steam, a user was being banned by an Anti-cheat program because he had RGB apps running in the background for his keyboard and computer, and those were falsely flagged as cheat programs. Do you use any such software Hardrock?
Message 8 of 19 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue is a pain in my a** and i was just warned, then "curtailed" by a Bf4 forum moderator for standing up for myself and anyone else who purchased this game legally.     The Topic is: Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Here is what was said: After speaking with an EA rep about these issues and how EA has EB do there dirty work for them, this is the response i get: I’m sorry – but without the proper legal expertise and authority, I am unable to provide any further assistance on this matter. Issues of this nature must be sent to and reviewed by our legal department, and further communications of a legal matter should be handled directly by your legal counsel.

My reply:  Banned for life.... I just dont understand how EA can let another Company EB (Evenbalance) take control over there customers game(s) and not take responsibility in any way what so ever. EA will tell you to contact EB and EB will tell everyone the same copy and paste auto reply from some lame named "Alex", we all know what it says. And i really dont think anyone who really was hacking or cheating would take the time to reply in this thread. This is sales tactics 101 and EA wants to up there sales revenue. Call in a 3rd party that has no ties to them other than you need there software if you want to play the game. But if all go wrong and it has, then EA is off the hook with any kind of support considering its not there software that's doing the dirty work!

Moderators reply: You are ONLY banned from servers running the punkbuster software, they are the company providing anticheat.

My reply: And that is the response i get from a Battlefield Moderator, wow.. i am going to respond to that more directed at EA than you StarscreamUK. There are absolutely 0 servers without Punkbuster required so miss me with that ONLY banned from servers running punkbuster.....   I bought this game from EA and in order to gain exp, unlock weapons etc. You must play on a ranked server with punkbuster enabled and running. So how will i ever finish unlocking weapons, and gaining progress with BattlePacks?  I wont because  some 3rd party lames aka (Evenbalance)  decided to take all Bf4 (Players) games away with some rabbit out of a hat (Gamehack) #81668 that they wont even tell us what that even is..... talk about Drunk with Bf4 Power... these guys need to go! Do something about it EA... oh wait you allready tried and told me to contact EB about a million times.. 

So it looks like my Bf4 fun has come to an END .... I will be sure to update everyone on the legal status with US Players VS Electronic Arts or is that a threat... I just want what's right for those who purchased this game legally, and justice will take its course.

Moderators reply: And with that your part in this thread has come to an end. I did warn you not to continue to discuss legal issues. Any further posts made by you regarding legal matter swill be removed. This is not a legal discussion and there will be no further discussion on it. 

Message 9 of 19 (3,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Once a user threatens legal advice, many companies are required to restrict future correspondence through their legal counsel.

I am not claiming EA will do this, or what their policies are.

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY. I AM NOT YOUR ATTORNEY. NOTHING DISCUSSED HERE IS TO BE REGARDED AS LEGAL ADVICE.

Message 10 of 19 (3,108 Views)