Problem getting Spore to connect to the internet...

by MooisaCow

Original Post

Problem getting Spore to connect to the internet...

★★★ Newbie

Hey-o.

Bought Spore today from Steam. Downloaded ok. Registered with EA ok. Logged into EA ok. Registered Spore ok. Logged into Spore.com without a hitch. 

Every time I try to start Spore I get a message 'you are not connected to the internet' and can't continue. I can exit out of the logging in phase and play the game, but it crashes fairly often. I have no idea why the Spore login isn't allowing me to start the game properly logged in. I checked all the help comments I could find, none helped. I did not get any product code when I bought the game from Steam. I've checked the transaction details and every email.

(I also tried restarting the game and my computer)

Message 1 of 6 (1,396 Views)

Re: Problem getting Spore to connect to the internet...

★★ Novice

You should be able to find the product code by right clicking on Spore in your steam library and then left click on CD key, if you are left handed it would probably be left click followed by right click.  Hope this helps if not you can try contacting EA help

Message 2 of 6 (1,330 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

But thats not the problem I cant connect to the spore servers

(=

Message 3 of 6 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey did you ever find answer im having same issue

Message 4 of 6 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work anymore as they removed the codes from Stema. I just bought it and cannot link the accounts inside the game, thus it doesn't connect.

Message 5 of 6 (916 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MooisaCow finally I got spore on my computer again and it kicks me off the game A LOT and it will not connect to the internet... I feel if we pay for a game it should work! This game isn't free!!!!!! I'm not happy Frown
Message 6 of 6 (856 Views)