Re: Problem Changing My Username

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem Changing My Username

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Today I changed my PSN ID and was wanting to also change my EA username to match my new PSN ID. However, when I tried to do so a notification appeared that said, "ID has already been registered". Now, I understand that there's every possibility someone on these forums might have the same name as me but it is a bit annoying that I can't have my PSN ID and EA ID be the same. So I searched for Xbox Gamertags and Origin IDs with the username I would like to change to and found nothing and now I'm wondering if the system is confusing my newly changed 'Connected PSN Account' as a registered EA username.

Is there any way for a mod to check if the following username, Obi-Wan_Gregobi, is actually an existing registered username on these forums and if not, is there any way to resolve this issue in order to change my username to match my PSN ID?

Message 1 of 4 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @ObiWanGregobi89 

I double-checked the ID, which you've mentioned, in our system and indeed it's already been taken by another player. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to change it Frown

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (378 Views)

All Replies

Hey @ObiWanGregobi89 

I double-checked the ID, which you've mentioned, in our system and indeed it's already been taken by another player. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to change it Frown

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Ataashi What if I don't use the hyphen and underscore, would that work?

Message 3 of 4 (370 Views)

@ObiWanGregobi89 

Unfortunately, it will not work since Origin doesn't recognise hyphens and underscores Frown So in our system there wouldn't be any difference between Obi-Wan_Gregobi and _Obi_Wan-Gre-go-bi, O_bi-Wan_G_r-egobi_, etc.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)