Re: Pro clubs name considered offensive

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pro clubs name considered offensive

★ Novice

In fifa 22, my name "Rafael" is considered offensive... In pro clubs when I try to edit my avatar and enter my name in the player, when I go to save a message appears saying that the name is offensive. How is it possible, ea?

Message 1 of 8 (4,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @RafaelVieira2323,

Electronic Arts is committed to making our games and experiences fun, fair and safe for everyone. We use various tools to achieve this, including tools to filter inappropriate user-generated content in areas like in-game chat and EA Account, player and team names. 

We want to be very thoughtful and consider several things in our filter rules including:

• the types of content players report to us most, 
  • historically hateful concepts, 
  • trending offensive terms,
  • game rating,
  • and names that may not be eligible due to agreements.

Check out the EA Positive Play Charter to see what kinds of content you can use to keep things positive.

Unfortunately, because of the disruptive behavior of a few members in our gaming community who use certain words or names to harass other players or to glorify offensive conduct, our filter prevents anyone from using those words or names. 

We think it's best to proactively eliminate any potential harm or disruption these terms can cause for players of all backgrounds. 

And sometimes our filter makes mistakes when a word or name is similar to an offensive term. If that is the case, we’ll fix it as soon as we can. With monitoring and reports from players, we aim to balance things so that players can speak freely in chat, be creative in their names, and still remove the most disruptive content.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (4,048 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @RafaelVieira2323,

Electronic Arts is committed to making our games and experiences fun, fair and safe for everyone. We use various tools to achieve this, including tools to filter inappropriate user-generated content in areas like in-game chat and EA Account, player and team names. 

We want to be very thoughtful and consider several things in our filter rules including:

• the types of content players report to us most, 
  • historically hateful concepts, 
  • trending offensive terms,
  • game rating,
  • and names that may not be eligible due to agreements.

Check out the EA Positive Play Charter to see what kinds of content you can use to keep things positive.

Unfortunately, because of the disruptive behavior of a few members in our gaming community who use certain words or names to harass other players or to glorify offensive conduct, our filter prevents anyone from using those words or names. 

We think it's best to proactively eliminate any potential harm or disruption these terms can cause for players of all backgrounds. 

And sometimes our filter makes mistakes when a word or name is similar to an offensive term. If that is the case, we’ll fix it as soon as we can. With monitoring and reports from players, we aim to balance things so that players can speak freely in chat, be creative in their names, and still remove the most disruptive content.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me too, my surname is one of the commentary names but is apparently considered offensive. My name begins with K and I tried others and names like Kane, Kante and Kent are all "offensive" too despite being commentary names in the game too. Really stupid bug.

Message 3 of 8 (3,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

With all due respect, this is a poor copy and paste answer. I can’t create a club at all because any name I type is considered “inappropriate”. I tried everything. I tried literally the word Soccer, FIFA FC, EA Sports (which I can see now that’s offensive now). I tried normal city names, nothing works because this ridiculous filter is filtering every letter of the alphabet out. I can’t believe I paid $70 for this.

Message 4 of 8 (3,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my pro clubs avatars name is Jamaica,  I have used this name for years because I am jamaican,  last night I got a message telling me that this name is offensive or could be used to harass other players......what is offensive about Jamaica? 

Message 5 of 8 (3,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Since 2016 i have called my pro clubs player "Xupata". Now the name is blocked due to being offensive despite not being offensive in any way or language. Is there anything you can do to allow me to use the name i have been using for the past several years as it is a creative original name that me and my friends have gotten quite attatched to. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this too but my names Boris Johnson and used it since fifa 20 no problems 

Message 7 of 8 (2,513 Views)

Community Manager

Going to lock this thread as there is nothing that we can do to assist with this on AHQ.

If the name is considered offensive you will need to choose a different one.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,504 Views)