Re: Private games

by IIINCORRUPTIBLE

Original Post

Private games

Champion (Retired)

First of all, I want to thank the EA and POPCard team for continuing to bring the game to life and give us constant updates. Speak very well to all of you that after almost 3 years of life the game still has additional content and bug fixes.

The Spanish-speaking community (both Latin and European) are very active in the game and even perform private tournaments between GW communities.

However, we have noticed that the game has many limitations when trying to make private games (only only 4 players can be in a private game) and these do not have a mixed mode.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to make private games have no limit of users (or at least you could control the limit of players) because when communities try to play the tournaments we always have to look for an empty server and that it does not prevent other random players from joining.

If you could add these options it would be a great support for the GW2 communities.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (631 Views)

In addition to the excellent points above, there is something else I think we should have, which is the ability to set up custom private games with much more control.

I see no reason we cannot select exactly which characters and vairants will be on the teams, and exactly how many.  Overwatch has an amazing system whereby one can control all sorts of private games.  Many of these can be used for fun, and more importantly they can be used to set up specific training exercises for developing game skills in a much better fashion than just by playing the standard training games against AI.

Message 2 of 7 (602 Views)

Here are some examples of what I think we could easily have in the next game:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=overwatch+private+games

Message 3 of 7 (584 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It would be great if those Overwatch options were implemented in GW2.

But I would be satisfied, for the moment, that you could play with up to 16 players in a private game.

The Spanish community has had great tournament ideas; An 8 vs 8 with a character class without repeating on each side would be a very fair and balanced duel.

But as I mentioned earlier, this is impossible for now.

Message 4 of 7 (553 Views)

Everyone  says it can't be done, but I'm going to ask this anyway.

Say I set up a private game of TT with three friends.  Is it not possible for them to invite players, and so on, until the lobby is full?  If not, what does it say when you try?

I have a theory on why there is a limit.  I'd be willing to bet that private multiplayer games are handled just like OPS matches - which is to say that they are hosted on the console of the person who started the game.  Perhaps such an arrangement cannot handle the data from so many players.

Message 5 of 7 (534 Views)

Champion (Retired)

He says the squadron is full.

Message 6 of 7 (529 Views)

★ Guide

@orochi_snk

Yop are from Injustice as well... Think abut my offer to create a 4 man tournament... I could train you, and we could dominate!

Message 7 of 7 (451 Views)