Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Primer + Detonator

by JaymzLuke

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Primer + Detonator

★★★★★ Novice

So I kind of got the feel for how combo's worked while using my Storm. I started hearing people use the words primers and detonators when talking about the combos. So I have a few questions on how do you determine what abilities are primers and what abilities are detonators? Is it elemental attacks/abilities are primers and everything else is a detonator? Still not sure. Was there a visual que on the abilities that I just missed all weekend? 

Message 1 of 8 (191 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Primer + Detonator

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Message 8 of 8 (99 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide
There are icons next to the gear names in the Forge. I can't remember what the Primer looks like, but the Detonator currently looks like a little muzzle-flash or spiky explosion. Icons may be subject to change, though; I think they've tried out a few different designs.

And yeah, pretty much anything that can put an elemental status on an enemy is a Primer. Detonators are a little harder to spot in the wild, so you have to take note before you head out or learn by experimentation.
Message 2 of 8 (185 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I believe the primer looks like a flame. 

Message 3 of 8 (180 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
One example would be a Storm freezing an enemy, then a Ranger hitting them with a grenade. There are in game icons on primers and detonators to show you what does what. I beleive you will also be able to equip both to make your own combos.

I didnt get to play around with it as much as I wanted, so I'm not 100% sure what self combos you can make.

Mass Effect Andromeda has an awesome combo system, and Anthems is based on that, so you could Youtube some Andromeda combo videos to get a better explanation.
Message 4 of 8 (168 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
If you look at the name of skill there is an icon on it, some have a flame looking one which is a primer and some have an exploding one which is a detonator. Some skill arent primers or detonators.
Message 5 of 8 (162 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@JaymzLuke wrote:

So I kind of got the feel for how combo's worked while using my Storm. I started hearing people use the words primers and detonators when talking about the combos. So I have a few questions on how do you determine what abilities are primers and what abilities are detonators? Is it elemental attacks/abilities are primers and everything else is a detonator? Still not sure. Was there a visual que on the abilities that I just missed all weekend? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMRDP_8NKE

Message 6 of 8 (118 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

The Link Abyssalwyrm gave is "ANTHEM | Combo Guide - Primers, Detonators & All Combo Effects" which is 8 minutes and is an excellent overview. - Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (110 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Message 8 of 8 (100 Views)
Twitter Stream