Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Prime Membership and Anthem

by CeruleanDax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Prime Membership and Anthem

★★★★ Novice

So, i have some questions about how Origin Prime is going to interact with Anthem. Since you are now offering Pre-Orders and have info about bonuses tied to each option, i think it's time for some more answers on what our options will be.

1. In the event that there is a F2P option, AND a subscription based option (this would be nice to know), will my Origin Prime subscription give me "subscriber" status in Anthem? I'm using SWToR F2P model as a comparison.

2. What ongoing incentives will we receive in Anthem for being Prime subscribers? Exclusive skins, Monthly E-Store credits, Free access to event items? If there isnt an answer for this, i think it's something to look into to help promote Prime memberships. I dont know about everybody else, but i'm a sucker for vanity items, and having perks tied to a Prime subscription goes a long way to convincing me to get it as opposed to just pre-ordering. (I am aware of the early access to games and DLCs and whatnot, i'm talking about ingame Anthem specific rewards for being Prime members).

I want to be compelled to get Prime (nothing pay to win obviously). I think this is an opportunity for some great marketing, and the sooner we understand what the payment modes are, and what the perks are, the sooner we as gamers can decide which route we want to take.

Message 1 of 7 (648 Views)

Accepted Solution

We know that Origin Access Premier subscribers will have full access to new EA games ahead of their scheduled release dates. This includes access to Anthem on February 15, 2019

However, aside from that, Mark Darrah has confirmed that Anthem will not be offered on the basis of any subscription. [Source]

From what I can see, this is a service that nearly breaks even if you purchase one game per year (if an annual subscriber to OAP) and benefits anyone who buys 2 or more games per year.

I don't see there being any reason why game-specific extras would be offered beyond that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (814 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Why would just being a prime member offer offer you bonus Anthem rewards? What if those who will be playing on PlayStation or Xbox? We need a Live or Plus subscription to play online. Other than prime, Origin is free, isn’t it?
Unless I’m not interpreting what you’re saying correctly, essentially offering extra rewards in Anthem for using Origin and having the Prime status would just be favoring one specific platform/user base.
Anthem itself is subscription free.
Message 2 of 7 (631 Views)

We know that Origin Access Premier subscribers will have full access to new EA games ahead of their scheduled release dates. This includes access to Anthem on February 15, 2019

However, aside from that, Mark Darrah has confirmed that Anthem will not be offered on the basis of any subscription. [Source]

From what I can see, this is a service that nearly breaks even if you purchase one game per year (if an annual subscriber to OAP) and benefits anyone who buys 2 or more games per year.

I don't see there being any reason why game-specific extras would be offered beyond that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 3 of 7 (815 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I forgot about the early play for Premier members. That in and of itself is almost worth it. Hahaha. I’m just a console peasant, though. What do I know? 😄
Message 4 of 7 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Noble_Clev

Origin is free. Which is why i went through great effort (not really) to make sure i said Prime. Origin Prime is a subscription service. I also compared my request for info to EA/Bioware's monitization of SWToR which is F2P, but gives perks for subscribing. So no, you are only half interpreting what i said is correct. I'm almost certain that every PC Player will have to have origin to play, regardless. but if you refer to my #1 question, that should clarify what i was asking "in the event of..."

also, i agree, for those other services that have subscription models should receive the same if you are a monthly subscriber. If said service doesnt have a subscription model available, and it's simply the built-in game delivery service that's built into that console, then i would say you'd have to choose the subscription option for Anthem itself (in the event they offer this option).

i'm assuming the game will be F2P with a purchase upfront for the game. my whole request for info is based on the fact that i want to know if there will be an additional monthly subscription offer, and if there is, how Origin Prime interacts with that (since it's an EA product).

Message 5 of 7 (594 Views)

@CeruleanDax

It is my understanding that there will be no subscription service for Anthem....or so the Devs stated during EAPlay.

The Prime membership looks like it will give the upgraded or deluxe version of the game rather than the basic copy.  Currently from the info released, what I can tell about how they will make money is:
1)  Sales of the game.

2)  Sales of ingame cosmetic stuff(specifically said no gameplay boosting items are to be sold).  They also said items will be priced in a store setting and not in random loot box gambling setup.

3)  Sales of DLC or add on packs.

Now this is EA so it is subject to change, but given the outcry by gamers over how companies are trying to milk them for money, it SEEMS EA/Bioware are listening and modifying how they do stuff to keep their customers coming back.  But only time will truly tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7 (584 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

well, if nothing is gained by being a prime member, it's cheaper just to get the deluxe edition and be done with it.

i saw where they said there will be no subscription model now, and that's fine. Bad business move in my opinion, but fine.

i never asked how the origin prime effect the pre-order of anthem. the perks are all the same as pre-ordering. my whole point was about a reason to be a prime subscriber past the initial perks that only equal pre-ordering, but at a steeper price. and i wanted to point out that there would be financial benefit to looking into having prime subscribers given in-game benefits.

but thank you everybody who gave good info.

Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help