Re: Prepaid visa gift card won’t work

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Prepaid visa gift card won’t work

★ Novice

Whenever I try to use my prepaid visa gift card, it says it cannot verify the card.  I’ve tried verifying it online, I have the receipt to prove that the money is on there and it still won’t work.  Don’t you dare give me that * Troubleshooting page because it has nothing on it about prepaid cards.

Message 1 of 7 (3,306 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @idman69  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account and the payment method and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (3,262 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I’ve also used a prepaid visa gift card on origin before so I don’t know what the * is happening now.

Message 2 of 7 (3,290 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @idman69  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account and the payment method and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (3,263 Views)

★ Novice

I figured out that the problem was that origin requires a zip code to buy something.  And since the card doesn’t have a zip code assigned to it because it’s a gift card, I cannot make a purchase.  What still confuses me is that I’ve been able to get it to work with previous cards.  Is there any way to not have to put in a zip code?

Message 4 of 7 (3,239 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @idman69 I would recommend that you direct any questions such as this to our live support team.

They will be able to assist with all account and billing issues.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (3,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem, too; I'm trying to pre-order the werewolf dlc, which costs 20 bucks.  However, it used to work.  I think the problem is that my Visa Debit Gift Card only has about 10 dollars left on it, and that I can't use both it and a credit card to buy the DLC (it probably has to pay for the whole thing by itself).

Also, I later tried buying a couple of kits with the card, and it worked.

Message 6 of 7 (2,538 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DraconianMage it is not possible to combine multiple payment methods for one purchase on origin.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,524 Views)