Re: Prediction: Lifelines pickrate will be higher than Newcastle at the end of s

by Anjunakrokus

Original Post

Prediction: Lifelines pickrate will be higher than Newcastle at the end of seaso

Champion

End of season 13 the "RIP" and "murdered" legend will still be picked more than Newcastle and in the top half of all legends.

That's my prediction. What is yours?

Message 1 of 9 (336 Views)

Re: Prediction: Lifelines pickrate will be higher than Newcastle at the end of s

★★★ Expert

I would be surprised, but...in a way it makes sense because people will not know the new legend.

Even if it is OP, it will take some time to gravitate and an awful lot of screaming.

Screaming is important.  Otherwise this game gets designed by esports and streamers.

Which, you heard if from me accurately, is a bad thing (not saying don't include them, but, ahem, OVERWATCH fail)

Message 2 of 9 (329 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever The first week or two the pick rate will be through the roof as usual. It will quickly die like Maggie did tho.
Message 3 of 9 (325 Views)

★★★ Expert

Maggie was a good add, imo.  And yes, was super picked in the first 2 weeks.  She's not my kind of character but I'm kind of glad she's in the game.  One of the positives of the past season. She's not the easiest to use tho.

Message 4 of 9 (321 Views)

Champion
@hayhor I'd be willing to put a few bucks down on that line. Like you said, NC will have a really high pick rate right off the bat, but I still feel like LL will be higher at the end of the season. I can't remember how Seer pickrate looked at the end of his launch season, but we know how broken he was for the first week/weeks. These days though, I don't come across very many Seer in my lobbies

I've bet on LL for a while now, so I'll let it ride, Lol

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 5 of 9 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the problem with Maggie is how clunky, outclassed, and potentially backfire her ultimate is. It either goes three ways: One, you down someone from a little bit far away, say 50 m. You throw it so your whole team can rush them quickly. The problem is Ash also does the same thing, Wraith can do it but is safer since you can go back with no harm during the phasing, and there is octane/pathfinder legend that exists in the game file. Two, one of your teammates is down, you throw your ultimate and hope it stuns and slows them down but instead, it did absolutely nothing and your enemy use that speed boost created from your ultimate and rushed to you even faster. Three, you try to use it to run but the enemy octane throws the jumpad which helps his team close the gap and they start making use of your own ultimate to get to you. This makes you rethink yourself like a true clown.

Her Q is so situational. I don't even know how dangerous her Q is since I barely got hit by it and there were barely 3 Maggie players I encounter in the last week.

The shotgun passive is just meh, not worth considering to be honest because, at the shotgun range, speed is less important than hitting your damn shot and if you miss at point-blank range, go to the shooting range now.

Overall, a nice attempt to renew the game, but failed because she is lackluster in every aspect of her kit

Message 6 of 9 (307 Views)

★★ Expert

Yes, Newcastle will be OP at the beginning, after few days/week it will be nerfed, and as with Seer and Maggie he will land in deprecated shelf.

NOTE to future readers: You can call me out on this one!

Message 7 of 9 (270 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Mirage already has a spot waiting for him  lol

Message 8 of 9 (255 Views)

★★ Guide

@KissYourHomieUwU wrote:

Her Q is so situational. I don't even know how dangerous her Q is since I barely got hit by it and there were barely 3 Maggie players I encounter in the last week.

The shotgun passive is just meh, not worth considering to be honest because, at the shotgun range, speed is less important than hitting your damn shot and if you miss at point-blank range, go to the shooting range now.

Overall, a nice attempt to renew the game, but failed because she is lackluster in every aspect of her kit

The drill deals 160 damage over 9 seconds (about 17-18 damage per second), so you can't tank it. This means it's really good at forcing people away from specific spots if you know what you're doing.

The passive shotgun boost helps with strafing, so should allow you to dodge more bullets, thus surviving longer. I do not know whether this buff actually performs this way though, especially at different skill levels.

I agree that the ult behaves wonky though

Message 9 of 9 (239 Views)