Re: Potential Scope Glare Change

by eb1207

Original Post

Potential Scope Glare Change

★ Novice

Hey guys! So I personally do not like the scope glare mechanic and I have seen a lot of people online on other websites that say the same. But I understand it has to be in for sake of balance, so what I was thinking is that instead of having the constant reflection when a sniper aims, it could be an every 3-5 second glint while he is aiming. This still helps you find the snipers more easily, and it also keeps the snipers from being 3D spotted (which is meant to be mostly removed from the game) while they are aiming. Let me and EA know what you think! It seems like a good compromise to me.

Message 1 of 5 (425 Views)

In theory, a player just could just keep entering and exiting ADS before the time limit to ensure their glint never shows at all. While I agree the glint is too large and needa a balance, I honestly don't see how DICE can rework it without giving a huge advantage to one side.

Many people would like to see glint only when you are facing the sun for example, but that is a massive advantage to the sun side team.

Hopefully the new visibility changes will make people a little easier to see at longer ranges

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (404 Views)

★ Novice

Yes but that wouldn’t be that different from what is done now. And 3-5 was just a first thought. It could be 2-3 or whatever EA decides. Snipers have to get headshots. So 2-3 seconds wouldn’t give you much time to line up headshots from long range before you give off a glint. The close range styled snipers don’t really need to worry about scope glare as much. They stand out up close just like everyone else. Constant glare just isn’t that balanced because it’s the same as being constantly 3D spotted. Why punish people with a different play style when they are already limited to headshots? Unless they use the self-loading rifles which really should be medic or assault weapons in my opinion. It also would help the snipers fulfill their role as recon. And give them an overwatch type role where they take out enemy snipers and supports that are set up. Scope glare doesn’t ruin the game. But it punishes people who want to play as long range snipers by constantly 3D spotting them. And sound and a decently visible glint every few seconds should be enough to find snipers. Especially if the other team has snipers to take them out.

Message 3 of 5 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
There are some settings in options which help a little with the vision problems.
Message 4 of 5 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The problem isn’t being able to see enemies or them seeing me as a person. The problem is that scope glare constantly 3D spots snipers and makes them an easy target for pretty much anyone to take shots at. I’ve also noticed that when people see scope glare, the sniper is targeted even when surrounded by team mates usually. But maybe that’s just what I’ve seen.

Message 5 of 5 (319 Views)