Re: Potential Lifeline Rework

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Potential Lifeline Rework

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ok Ladies and Gentleman, 

I've always really enjoyed playing Lifeline, but I feel like she kind of lost her place in the game atm. 

To me, everything she was good at was transfered to other characters. 

In the following lines I'd like to give 3 suggestions for buffs/rework, that imo would make her signifficantly better. 

I know that if combined / not carefully adjusted, these changes would make her too strong. 

Please Keep in mind, that, these are only suggestions.

Revive ( Shield ) :

- Gibraltar does it faster and by far safer with his dome,

- Caustic blocks vision with his triggered gas cans, while reviving

- Mirages is invisible while reviving

- Even Wraith can use her Portal to get the downed teammate out of a dangerous spot and revive him/her in a safer place. 

A cool buff to Lifelines ability would be, that she respawns teammates with more health and a little shield ( e.g. 50% ). Combined with a Gold bagpack, this would add up ( to e.g. 100% ).

Since this example may seem a little too strong, the numbers can easily be adjusted. 

Ultimate ( Drop ) 

- Loba took Lifelines place as a loot character. Being able to see epic or legendary loot through walls make her so much more effective when it comes to fast & efficient looting.

Suggestion 1 ( rework ):

To me, Lifelines ultimate feels like gambling. Most of the time I only use it to create cover in an open area rather then for the loot. 

My suggestion would be, that she can "decide" what loot the drop will contain by a points system. 

E.g. When calling her Ultimate she has to spend 12 Points and has to pick 3 Items. Picking a legendary Item ( no matter if shield, helmet, skullpiercer etc. ) will take 10 of those 12 points.

Then she has to pick two more common items which cost 1 point each - Purple could be 6 Points and Blue could be 3 Points. She will not be able to spawn weapons within her ultimate.

This of course seems to be a bit too strong considering the Ultimate-Chargeup-Towers on Kings Canyons currently.

To adjust that, Lifeline should not get her ultimate instantly when standing close to such a charge-Tower ( Maybe only additional 20% on her cd. Maybe even reduce the power of normal ultimate accelerators on Lifeline ).

The drop should take as long as a common care package to reach the ground and should be highly visible for enemys.

Once opened, the drop should have a time-limited protection from being stolen by lobas ultimate. ( e.g. 2 seconds ).

This buffed ultimate will allow lifeline to be a real supportive looting character from early to late game, because she can - if needed - still call hop ups for weapons, consumables like shields or syringes or  body armour for  a freshly respawned teammate. Never the less, doing her ultimate will attract even more enemies, so it's great reward is followed by great risk. 

Suggestion 2 ( new ultimate ):

Lifeline can "drop" a respawn beacon so she can revive her teammates anywhere she wants. The respawn beacon appears on the minimap, is clearly visible while dropping and can be used by any other team just like a regular respawn beacon ( with Dropship, sounds etc. )

Imo, even if Lifeline got only one of these buffs, she would be a much greater Support-Character, who could help the team far better, then she does now. 

Please let me know how you feel about these ideas. 

Have a nice day. 

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: Potential Lifeline Rework

@Fishnchicks I’m hoping they nerf Lobas tactical. Some of the Loba mains are loot goblins and horrible to play with. You have no chance at any of the premium loot. They go straight for all of it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)