Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Postpone PC release date

by slightlyjaded

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

They've got my money already. They've committed to a release date, and unless they've got a magic bullet, this game is F'ed. Bioware's inexperience in this genre is shining all the way through the plot holes. The web programming is the worst culprit, the interaction with anything that isn't directly under the control of your own computer is janky as shiezer. the rubber banding in mission makes many missions unplayable, as is the fact that I haven't yet found an easy option to just run the mission solo... which would defeat the purpose of an mmo experience.

Message 31 of 40 (210 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That is exactly why there is no text chat.
Message 32 of 40 (202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As far as such statements are concerned, I hardly believe various publishers any more. This one belongs to those who have to deliver before I believe a word of it.

Message 33 of 40 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, EA has done this many times before.  Requiring Developers to meet EA's Project Release Date...PERIOD.  It is announced, marketing includes it in all of their releases to the public/advertisement...and the Developers are blamed if something goes wrong. 

EA feels that since they are the Publisher, they have the Right To Control Everything and Never Shouldering the Blame When Everything Goes Wrong...it is the Developers' Fault regardless of Unrealistic Expectations! >.<

This isn't likely to change in Yours or My Lifetimes.

The game will NOT be delayed.  The Devs will be blamed.  EA Will Take Your Money.

(Sorry, most of my postings try to be helpful and positive.  I just felt I needed to add my 2¢ worth)

TQQdles™

Message 34 of 40 (187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Text chat not being implemented is a huge red flag for me. Were on a PC with a keyboard give us text chat. I will use discord for voice till the ingame is solid. Please make it work I did not even know it was a feature till 3 hours in and the first attempt to use someone on the other end said it sounded terrible.

Ingame Voice chat should have an auto setup feature to help people find it. I had no idea it was even there till I went looking for it. Help players find it and configure it with a simple wizard.
I hope there is more in the game launch tutorial about stuff like this and overall general controls.

Ingame menus are annoying as hell. If i see an option I want to click it not have to go into that menu to use it.

Flight was horrible. Get rid of the Circle aim feature on PC and go to direct turn control like normal combat. If i move my mouse I want to move that much on my turning. The constant stick drift is BAAAADDDDD on PC and messes with mouse users who expect a different type of feedback. 

I am going to assume the graphic issues I were experiencing are artifacts of an older build and will comment more after the Second open demo.

Heres to a good week of updates!

Message 35 of 40 (163 Views)

★★★ Guide
No, just no. Use and x-box controller until it's fixed.
Message 36 of 40 (142 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@calrizian wrote:
No, just no. Use and x-box controller until it's fixed.

Heresy! You will be cast from the PC-Master race and burn for this. Large smile

Message 37 of 40 (132 Views)

★ Apprentice
Bump, very important to voice our opinions about that.
Message 38 of 40 (115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@Anartenza wrote:

VOIP setting are present but the total lack of a Text Chat system commonly found in PC games is concerning. 

I hear there's a new law in the United States that requires all text chat applications to be accessible to blind people, so BioWare would have to implement text-to-speech and speech-to-text. This is really silly, because I can't imagine a blind person playing Anthem, but that's a possible reason we might not get text chat in this game.

The same law requires voice chat to be accessible to people who can't hear and to people who can't speak

Message 39 of 40 (75 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@dryii wrote:

@Anartenza wrote:

... total lack of a Text Chat system commonly found in PC games is concerning. 

Yep, sure is.  I don't fully understand all the details, but you can read more about it here.  Seems the FCC is mostly to blame for their regulations.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/24/anthem-no-text-chat-on-pc/

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/21st-century-communications-and-video-accessibility-act-cvaa

If that were the case, no games launching from Dec 31st would have chat functionality. Yet they do, see Anthem, Division 2, Crackdown, all of which comply to varying degrees.

The Anthem developers stated on discord that what's to blame is technical issues with Frostbite getting in the way of them complying.

Message 40 of 40 (75 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help