Re: Possible to Transfer Playtime/Games

by Lunekowo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible to Transfer Playtime/Games

★★★★★ Guide

Biggest question, is it possible for my to transfer over my playtime stat from Origin to steam launcher?

Also side question, can i just transfer over my origin games to steam easily?

THANKS

Message 1 of 7 (1,497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Flavin913,

Afraid your playtime is tracked for each platform specifically, so it's not something that can be transferred between Origin and Steam.

Games need to be launched where they were purchased as well, so there isn't a way to transfer your library over to a different platform, sorry.

You can find a bit more information about those situations here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/install-buy-ea-games-on-steam/  

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,466 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Flavin913,

Afraid your playtime is tracked for each platform specifically, so it's not something that can be transferred between Origin and Steam.

Games need to be launched where they were purchased as well, so there isn't a way to transfer your library over to a different platform, sorry.

You can find a bit more information about those situations here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/install-buy-ea-games-on-steam/  

Mako.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That is, I play Myth Of Empires and also can not transfer the statistics of game time in Steam if I downloaded on another platform. Do I understand correctly? It would be very frustrating if so. After all, I bought a lot of there to facilitate the game and if I switch to Steam I will lose everything.

Message 3 of 7 (1,365 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Maxsim0101, you do understand correctly, afraid so.

Play/game time stats would be tracked on each platform separately and cannot be transferred, sorry.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako so does this mean. If I played Apex on the Playstation, I have to look it up on my playstation account?. I play it on Pc now.
Message 5 of 7 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have 1000s of hours on apex legeds on EA app and then on steam too. The playtime and stats can be tracked and synced easily since steam requires you to link ea account. When accounts are linked, you have primary keys (usernames) for both the platforms and hence they can be synced easily. It is not a programming or technical challage but it seems from a management perspective (suits) it is not a priority. so TLDR; Currently is there a way to sync stats of a 2 accounts, 1 from ea/origin and another from steam? No. Can it be done if they choose to? Yes, Will they ever do it? No, highly unlikely. This can also lead to people just syncing accounts of their friend who has high stats on steam with a user's account on EA/origin. Then unlink and do the same to all their group and then everyone will have a high score. 5 friends play 5 different games on ea/origin app. Then they link/unlink all of their accounts with their accounts on steam, and everyone now will have high stats on all 5 games. So the potential exploits are not worth the risk

Message 6 of 7 (166 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (159 Views)