Possible fixes for a better gameplay experience, balance talk

by Gowron248

Original Post

Possible fixes for a better gameplay experience, balance talk

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After thinking about the game a lot more and just how many toxic gameplay mechanics are in the game, I think these are the changes I'd like to see. Trying to get rid of 1 shot abilities, lowering burst damage while raising damage per second to make the gameplay less about who can 1 shot who first with an ability and more about gunning someone down.

Zombies:

Electric slide - I think she's in a good spot, personally. She has WAY too much utility to be overbuffing her damage. Minor buffs at the most to his auto's.

All-Star - Buff his tanking ability. His shields on too long of a cooldown (24 seconds) and his punt is AWFUL. Just make this man a better frontliner.
Deadbeard - parrot needs a nerf to his eggplosion, this ability should not be a one shot. I say that as someone that likes playing Deadbeard. Maybe buff shotgun.
Super Brain - probably needs looked at, he's a literal walking 1 shot character. I love playing him but he's cheesy as Hell.
Engineer - stun duration needs a nerf, other than that I think he's in a really good spot.
Imp - Buff impkata but please for the love of god don't overbuff it to be another Fung Fu.
Foot solider - Make Solider's ZRPG a 2 part shot like Corn, that way it's a less toxic 1 shot ability. Solider sucks but he needs buffs to the rest of his kit, not his 1 shot. Buff his gas and bullet damage. Buff his bullets a lot, buff his gas DPS, nerf ZRPG.
Space Cadet - I think he's in a good spot, but maybe I haven't seen enough spacestations to see how overpowered a fully manned spacestation can be.
Scientist I haven't play enough on to talk about.

Plants:
Oak - Sap bomb needs a damage nerf, this ability should not be a one shot on a freaking tank.
Snapdragon - needs bug fixes mostly, character is a buggy mess where half the time his damage doesn't go off on his leap. Probably increase damage on fire.
Cactus - should mines be a 1 shot ability? They are easy to dodge but feels bad dying to literally stepping on 1 when chasing him. Also makes delivering bombs impossible between his mines and chomper's traps.
Chomper - is really weird, he's ANNOYING as Hell to play against but he's got some pretty obvious weaknesses as well, so I dunno what to say about this character. Love playing him but he's very cheesy but usually dies after killing someone.
Citron - I think he's in a good spot, I love playing him. He's so much better than All Star. Maybe slightly raise his damage per auto by like, 1.
Corn - Almost have this guy to complete leveled, he's a lot of fun but bad. Buff his bullet damage a lot, possibly nerf husk hop's 1 shot while putting damage on to butter for ticking damage. Again, just thinking of ways to remove one shots while increasing damage per second. Husk hop isn't super toxic though, you have to be right under him so aye.
Nightcap - nerf how much this character can go invisible and slightly nerf Fung Fu's damage. People say she is squishy but this character has damage reduction along with her invis and double jumping... She isn't easy to kill, only bad ones are.
Pea Shooter - How do people feel about her 1 shot chili bomb? You can hear it, it takes a while to go off. Do you feel it's okay that it's a one shot? I am conflicted, but I'd say it's one of the less toxic one shots, along with husk hop. Other than that I think this character is in a good spot.
Rose and Sunflower I haven't played enough of either to comment on, so I'll stay quiet on those.

The main nerfs/buffs I want to see though are the following.
Corn - Increase DPS on bullets, possibly think about putting DPS on butter.
Foot Solider - Increase DPS on bullets and gas
Nightcap - Lower damage on Fung Fu
Imp - Slightly buff Impkata, maybe slightly raise bullet damage.
All Star - lower cooldown on his shield, fix punt
Snapdragon - bug fix him asap
Oak - nerf sap bomb
Deadbeard - nerf eggplosion, buff shotgun
Engineer - nerf stun duration
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Possible fixes for a better gameplay experience, balance talk

★★★★★ Expert
@Gowron248 Think that's a great post, there's little I would disagree with. You've probably all seen my posts on sunflower, so I won't add much except that I think unless scientist becomes a less successful vanquisher (which will never happen because all those who like using it that way would riot), sunflower needs to be more competitive.
Would love to know if people are having problems with the imp stun grenade? I'm finding it's not helping with chomper burrow, pea gatling or sunbeam.
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)