Re: Possible Buff to Octane

by bosourd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible Buff to Octane

★★ Guide

When Stimmed up,octane does all processes like reloading and healing 10% faster,(unsure about the percentage,so change it to what u like)

Basically it follows the principle that when you are on drugs,u are completely high and u do everything faster

Let me know what u guys think

Message 1 of 12 (1,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro
@SS_Mabezan Octane doesn't need any buffs, he doesn't need any nerfs. He's one of the best designed legends in terms power level the game has.

Any buff would start tilting the OP side of the his scale.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (937 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@SS_Mabezan nah while it's a 1 sec cooldown on his stim. Faster reload seems unfair in a ranged fights.
Message 2 of 12 (996 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think enemies should take 25 damage for using his jump pad. Octane is immune to the jump pad damage. Also, I think Octane should take 25% less damage from frag grenades and arc stars. He blew off his own legs so grenades should do less to him. Thermites however will do the full damage to him if affected. Those don't explode. 

Message 3 of 12 (980 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SS_Mabezan Octane doesn't need any buffs, he doesn't need any nerfs. He's one of the best designed legends in terms power level the game has.

Message 4 of 12 (938 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DankToliet  Agreed.

Small hitbox with health recovery and speed ups. Anymore would make him too advantageous.

Message 5 of 12 (927 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DankToliet wrote:
@SS_MabezanOctane doesn't need any buffs, he doesn't need any nerfs. He's one of the best designed legends in terms power level the game has.

No he's not, he's literally garbage tier.

Message 6 of 12 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Wingmannedbro IKR,, these people are high. He’s so easy to kill. Have too many teammates who’ve died to the zone because they kept spamming his drug. A 10 % reload/heal increase wouldn’t be bad at all, and would be worth picking up.
Message 7 of 12 (828 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Meurum bad decisions and power levels don't belong in the same equation. Those teammates are just.......bad.

I main Path and Oct is my backup, and I don't see any type of stat buff that wouldn't push him over the edge. If you give a 10% increase to anything, you will also have to give him the low profile nerf.
Message 8 of 12 (817 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DankToliet Octane is hard to hit sometimes, but I feel like the devs didn't give him Low Profile because of his Tactical. Bangalore is also hard to hit if she starts strafing, sometimes.

Octane still needs to use Syringes when he's badly hurt just like a Wattson needs to pop a small Shield Cell when her shields are badly hurt.
Message 9 of 12 (726 Views)

★ Pro

Thats due to bangalores passive, not her model. She moves faster while being shot at, very underused IMO, i main Bangalore, her passive plus smoke allows for cover/movement as her airstrike pushes other teams! 

Message 10 of 12 (679 Views)