Pointless Portal Event

by GRL_NXT_D00R

Original Post

Pointless Portal Event

★★★ Newbie

Every time I attempt to participate in the portal event, there is never anyone online for it.

Instead I have to go for rainbow stars by converting the standard.

Any way to provide solo and group options so it is not such a rediculous process?

Message 1 of 8 (687 Views)

Re: Pointless Portal Event

[ Edited ]

Try changing servers?  You can go in as a group of up to four, but I don't know whether or not that's enough players to initiate a game.  More could be invited once the game loads in.

Message 2 of 8 (675 Views)

★★★ Guide

What console are you playing on? I've never had a problem for PS4 at any time of day. (Can't speak for the others.) I wonder if maybe you are having connection problems?

Message 3 of 8 (669 Views)

★★ Guide

I play on PC and I've found matches. Not full matches, but they had a decent participation. 

Message 4 of 8 (667 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's not just that. I've been on teams when a few players aren't even participating. They just want to collect their 3 stars without effort. Something got to change.

Message 5 of 8 (631 Views)

★★★ Guide

@agentevil007 wrote:

It's not just that. I've been on teams when a few players aren't even participating. They just want to collect their 3 stars without effort. Something got to change.

Well, that just comes with grinding. It is well established that it takes well over a year of mystery portals to collect everything. It doesn't surprise me that some players just want those last items with the least work possible. Yes, its a bummer. That is just the nature of these things.

Message 6 of 8 (615 Views)

I've seen a few AFK players in this portal, but for the most part I've found teams trying hard to win.  I think a lot of players enjoyed this portal event much more than average.

Message 7 of 8 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It was fine on PC. I played the event a couple of times and saw @Fluffycat42 in a match or two as well.

It was almost like GW1 but the lack of engy drones felt a little different besides the new maps of course. Pretty fun despite being limited to only basic characters.

Message 8 of 8 (556 Views)