Re: Plz help. Pre-Season-Season 5 Hit Reg issues

by 40b073ch

Original Post

Plz help. Pre-Season-Season 5 Hit Reg issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First off, before reading any further, please understand that this is an issue that me and many of my friends have had since downloading the game the day it dropped. Understand as well that I am not solely talking about the other more clear issues apex has had with hit registration where you can clearly see armor ticks or blood shots with no damage. And Yes, I understand your skepticism, thinking I am terrible at the game and not able to hit my shots. However that is not the case. Any other game I play, I have no issue. Only apex. And even with the issue I’m speaking on I have still excelled at the game, resulting in reaching predator each season up to season 4 split 2, and masters Each split after. I am great with my movement as well as game iq, not just accuracy. I am only speaking on it now because I love apex even with the issues, and would love it even more if they were fixed. Unfortunately nothing has improved. So please, leave your rude remarks somewhere else.

I have had many issues with hit registration and my guns seemingly shooting flowers since pre-season. As it takes several magazines of clearly landed shots for me to down an enemy, while only a few landed shots for an enemy to down me. Yes, not every shot of mine lands, but after hundreds of lost fights or even wins where I knew the enemy should’ve been downed way earlier, I decided to look further into it to see if I had a reason to be angry. I began recording my gameplay where these situations would occur and playing them back in slow motion. After close and careful inspection, watching the mag count in correlation to the stacking damage indicator, it was clear there was something confusing happening. For every three to four shots clearly landed on an enemy, only one or two actually did damage. Sometimes taking up to three magazines to down an enemy. I checked with my friends to see if they were having the same issue, most said they didn’t or at least never noticed, while a few did. I had each send me footage of their gameplay, so I could compare and see if it was consistent. (Yes I became that invested in figuring out if I was crazy or handicapped) First I watched the clips of the few friends who said they had the same problem, and using the same process as before, watching the mag count in correlation to the stacking damage indicator, I noticed they indeed did have the same problem that I did. Some shots missed of course, but out of the ones that clearly landed, half of them actually added to the stacking damage. Just like me, sometimes taking two or even three magazines to down an enemy. I was glad I wasn’t alone, but annoyed that apex hadn’t done anything to fix the problem. But it got confusing when I began watching the footage of my friends who said the never had the issue. I still remember watching the first clip and almost calling apex immediately. The difference was clear as day, every shot that clearly landed on an enemies hit box counted, resulting in a much quicker down. I was shocked. I asked them what their typical ping was, expecting a crazy low number to at least give a logical explanation for why they had better hit reg. But surprisingly they answered between 40-60. Which is exactly what my average ping is as well. Even more surprising was the number of my friends who said 80-100, way worse than mine but with every one of their bullets registering.

With light and energy weapons, it is harder to tell without slow motion, But it is clear as day with the heavy weapons prowler, flatline, and spitfire. The wingman isn’t bad other than the occasional obvious no reg, but I am forced to not pick up any heavy weapons nowadays as I do 50 percent less damage with them, dying literally anytime I fight with one. The havoc is just as bad honestly but is easy to compensate with how much damage it is capable of in one clip. (Great nerf huh?)

This has been an issue since I first got the game, and has led to many broken controllers and headsets as I am extremely competitive and hate losing when I know I shouldn’t have. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this issue it would be much appreciated, as I do not want to delete the game but will be forced to since I am basically handicapped and am no longer ignorant to it.

Message 1 of 8 (639 Views)

Champion

@doxskillz  Nope, you're certainly not the first to complain about it.

I've experienced it myself,however its sporadic for me. Admittedly I'm not a predator such as yourself, However I am good enough at the game to know when I'm hitting shots and honest enough to say "Yeah, I screwed that up" when I don't.

For me personally it seems to be the higher fire rate weapons that have bullets seemingly vanish into the ether, chiefly the r301...this weapon is my nemesis at times.

To confirm I also play with a strong internet connection (usually 8-12ms) and 0 packet loss.

Honestly...I don't think there is anything you can do at your end to fix this judging by what you've said already.

I think these shots are literally just dropping off into the abyss.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (588 Views)

★★★ Novice

That’s really what it seems, some bullets just vanish haha it’s literally like magazines have half the ammo in them when it’s all said and done.

Message 3 of 8 (551 Views)

★ Expert

I feel your pain. I wouldn't mind if it was a constant issue, as if it was I would just stop playing. The sporadic nature is the problem.

Yesterday my TM did a hot drop and it was mayhem so I ran off. I found two bins but all I got was a Longbow, As I was making my way back I saw a Caustic & Loba in a 2 v 1. I crouched behind a hill. They won the 2 v 1 and after looting the Caustic ran straight towards me. I dropped him in one. The Loba had run off in the opposite direction so I thought I may as well put the Caustic out of his misery. Four shots later ... no damage (he did not have a knockdown shield). I am no pred buy

tmissing four shots on a knocked player virtually right on top of me? I clipped it and looked back - okay, two shots 'may' have missed but two definitely were right on target. Needless to say the Loba came back and knocked me.

The closer players are to me, the worse it seems to be, when it happens. I have a real problem with the G7. If the enemies are mid-range I get damage and have knocked players that were little more than a few pixels on my screen. If they are close, the G7 does nothing.

My pin is 13-15ms. It's infuriating at times.

Message 4 of 8 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Dude EA/Respawn  rigged the game.

Hitreg is decided client side, but the server accepts/rejects them based on what their ranking system has decided your rank will be.

If they need more players in gold, 1/5 of your bullets count. That's just the way it is. Deal with it. There is not much you can do.

I am just here to spread awareness to people like you that performance and skill are not related.

The outcome is purely decided by EA ranking system, not your skill. 

Message 5 of 8 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It most of time happens when u aim and shoot fast mostly when at close range the server need to react so fast  we r all playing at ur top speed during that movement.

Especially the fast killing guns by order: r99, r301 and wigman have hit reg problems

Message 6 of 8 (450 Views)

★★★ Novice

@40b073ch See this I what I’ve stated to believe is true. Whenever I stream, the problem disappears. Almost as if they have it rigged to give players that promote the game a better experience. For the people watching the stream it seems that the game is flawless and awesome to play. I’ve also noticed this issue might involve the loot off drop as well. When I stream or watch other streamers, the loot off drop is amazing compared to when you’re just playing for fun. This is purely just speculation compared to actually being able to test the theory with the bullets that mysteriously vanish though.

Message 7 of 8 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@doxskillz Anyone with more than 500h Apex should be able to see this game is rigged. Titanfall FPS is a cult of sorts. They created a platform for themselves where their cultists cannot loose. It boggles my mind how they thought this would not be visible. This would be like taking a 20 sided dice and putting a 0 on every side and thinking people wont notice when they roll the dice that it keep on coming up zero. How stupid must you be? It boggles the mind.

Message 8 of 8 (406 Views)