Pls, for the sake of your game REMOVE SBMM

by RipjawsAU-TTV

Original Post

Re: Pls, for the sake of your game REMOVE SBMM

★ Guide
@DarthValtrex I would express myself to you but unfortunately you have shown me that you cannot handle a little cursing therefore i will refrain from responding to you as i do not want to ruin your day.

I hope you have a really good day friend and remember to look both ways before crossing the street and make sure you put on sunscreen. Dont wanna get any sunburn on that sensitive skin of yours.
Message 11 of 64 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lol, in other you have no valid points to make. If you have any aside from it being to hard I’m all ears. Unfortunately you and the handful of buddies are not the only people playing the game or an accurate reflection of the player base.

i’ve already explained that your poll is not an accurate reflection of the player base.

if EA wants to do a poll they would need to do a controlled sampling of various skill levels.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 64 (632 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I’ve read multiple of your posts on here about SBMM, and I wonder, have you even looked into SBMM outside of this forum to try and better understand the issues?

You seem to always come back with the same arguments, but never want to understand what’s thrown at you, so lets just adhere to your point of views.

Here’s my opinion on players like you;
You want a game tailored to your mediocre style of play, you don’t want to improve by playing against better players since you only want to casually linger with noobs for an undisclosed amount of time, and that, for as long as it takes, because it’s safe, stress free, and it reassures you.
You feel better knowing you won’t be faced with Predator, Diamond, or premade squads stacked with both.
You don’t play meta, you don’t rotate, and probably pay no attention to positioning and choke points, cause after all, you’re playing with noobs.

This being your situation, why not utilize the ranked category and just leave casual broken SBMM lobbies all together?
You’d never be matched with higher skilled players because you’d never amount to gaining any points, it’s a win/win for you my friend.
Message 13 of 64 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gabrielmojo26LOL, now come the personal attacks because you have no ground to stand on. It’s comical I’m playing in a diamond lobby right now.. i also play in the higher rank SBMM lobbies with my high skill friends. So no that’s not the issue..

You’re the ones who have an issue playing against people of equal or even better skill. I don’t and often play in lobbies with people above my skill level.

it’s the same argument over and over and over again from all the SBMM haters. It’s to hard, it’s to sweaty.. waaaah waaah waah 

Message 14 of 64 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@DarthValtrexSo pls, entertain me here, in your opinion, why is there a need for both a ranked game play, and a casual with strict SBMM game play that is essentially the same as ranked.

This is the obvious question that not many will answer by simply diverting to "you just wanna noob stomp".

Message 15 of 64 (608 Views)

@Gabrielmojo26 you still have not mentioned a reason aside from noob stomp for SBMM tk be removed.. waiting.. For starters the RP cost. From there ranked will get harder than pub once the alt F4 garbage is sorted out.

It allows players of all skill level to have matches against people they stand a chance against. Without it, they don’t.

Message 16 of 64 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you talking about protecting noobs, they are two types:

1. Total noobs (baby) who just create account  (level 1-20)

2. New KID on the block, already play for a while but still learning and strunggling (level >20 with KDR <1)

If you talking about total noobs, the baby has been protected before and after SBMM

You guys are arguing about the "KID" !

Before SBMM:

1. You have Wild Wild West:

KID is mixed with teenager(KDR >1) and master (KDR > 3) , this's where player complained why team mate looks dumb and stupid, the match experience is wild wild west,  sometimes you can kill easily, sometime is balance and sometimes you got totally wrecked. 

2. Experience for kid : Wild wild west with high chance of getting wrecked.

3. Experience for Teenager : Balance

4. Experience for Master: Bachelor party, easy peasy.

5. Overall experience is Wild wild west.

After SBMM:

1. You have separation/division like boxing based on certain criteria ( such as KDR and other stats). 

2. Experience for kid : They play with other kids and having  good time.

3. Experience for Teenager : They fight with teenager and things could wild or could be balance.

4. Experience for Master: They have to fight hard, and life is hard now, no more easy kills, just like rank. No more easy and relaxing game anymore.

5. Overall experience: Kid love it, teenager probably Ok and master hate it.

Message 17 of 64 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@DarthValtrexYou're reverting my questions with more questions, typical defensive attitude lol

What you described as ranked game play is essentially what Pubs are presently, minus the RP cost. Ranked is a learning curve, a progression.

You only seem to insinuate but one reason why above average players, like myself, want SBMM removed, and that is to stomp on noobs, and I never really understood this argument to be honest...

If you remove SBMM for pubs, would you not be matched with, and against, players from the bottom all the way through the top skill bracket? Isn't that what casual pubs are for? Wouldn't lower tier players benefit from learning by playing with better players?

Why do the above average players, putting in more time than noobs, be penalized by being matched with Preds and Diamond stacked premades, cause that is exactly what's happening with SBMM.

There's always going to be noobs coming to Apex, how much time should I give that entire player base, for them to learn the game, by playing against other noobs, to the detriment of above average players constantly facing off against nothing but the top tier player base....in both ranked, and Pubs?

Message 18 of 64 (584 Views)

★★ Guide
@RipjawsAU-TTV

*Immediately address issues*

Respawn: We don’t do that here son!
Message 19 of 64 (566 Views)

@Gabrielmojo26 I literally just you out for answering questions with questions.. You're now accusing me of that. Before that you were insulting me.. To which I explained that shows me you have no valid argument and know it.

Now you're not being punished. If you are diamond or predator that puts you into the to 8% or so of players. It's fair, you're all on an equal skill level or close to it. That means if all things are equal, you all stand a chance at winning the fight. The bottom 50% do not belong in lobbies with you. They stand absolutely no chance against you, even if they have purple armor and a solid load out. I would venture to say you would 2 shot them in the head with a wingman before they even had a chance to aim their gun at you. Even if they have 2000 hours in the game, if they are not on par with predators and diamond players they should not be in lobbies with them. It's not just about experience. Some people simply won't ever have the skills to compete with the top 8%. Just because someone has logged 2000 hours does not mean they should be thrown to the sharks. What do you consider them gaining experience to become a better player? You pushing them and knocking them with 2 shots to the head from a wingman? Please... That's like putting a 160lbs person with no boxing experience into a championship fight with mike tyson and telling them to figure it out.. He'll get knocked out before he can even try to throw a punch.

With SBMM as the players skills improve they will slowly move up through the higher skill lobbies. If they are in the bottom lobby and master that, they will start to be put into rounds that will be slightly harder. Being moved up lobby by lobby allows them to face players with slightly better skill sets slowly. That means they still have a fighting chance and can grow as a player.. That's not how it is when high skill players are on the server.

I ran the map with predators before SBMM and it was pathetic. It was a full on slaughter. They pushed every fight and had no issue breaking 3k damage with well over 15 kills each. The lower skill players stood no chance. half the fights the predators got into they took no damage or less than 50 damage.

So again I'm asking you aside from the fact that you want easy games in which you slaughter lower skill players. What reason should SBMM be removed?

is it really that hard for you to grasp?

If you think it does not matter go look at BFV. The game is going to be dead soon because you have people who will join a server and kill 25% or more of the enemy.

Message 20 of 64 (542 Views)