Re: Please stop teaming me up with weak players

by hayhor

Original Post

Please stop teaming me up with weak players

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

There's a lot more to Apex Legends than "move, aim and shoot" and Respawn should be applauded for that of course. There's looting, reviving, respawining, abilities, postioning, crafting, the ring, Tridents, the Phase Runner, Charge Towers ... it's quite an extensive list.

To be 'good' at this game, you have to know a lot about it. It doesn't matter if you have the aim of ShivFPS - if you're running about in the open, away from your TMs, not healed, not shield repaired with weak guns ... you are going to die.

I appreciate players don't know the fulls ins and outs of Apex ... and there seem to be a lot of them. Players who don't put shields on, players who run in 1v3 and get killed without knocking an enemy, players who stray too far from their squad, players who think the point of the game is to get better loot than their TMs ... in my experience that's about 60% of the players I play with.

I don't have a problem with this. You have to learn about the game to get good at it.

BUT!

Why do I have to play with them? I'm level 500 with over 5,000 kills. I am not 'great' at Apex by any stretch of the imagination (my KDr over the past two weeks has been around 1.75) BUT I am finding I am quitting four games out of every five I play because I am paired up with poor TMs.

I understand why SBMM is set how it is. Respawn don't want players hanging around in the lobby waiting for a game. Most of the time when I click "ready" I am waiting less than five seconds for a game to begin. That's fair enough.

BUT here's the thing ...

I would rather wait one or two minutes for a decent game, than quitting a game within a minute, then quitting a game within a minute, then being squad-wiped because of bad TMs, then quitting a game within a minute ...

The latest forced LTM has been the pits. Around a third of the time TMs select a central point as the DZ and then wonder why we are all running from 'the ring' within ten seconds. Most squads are dropping on the coast which means more hot drops and with poor TMs, they're a waste of time.

I don't think the solution to 'weak players' is too drastic ...

Put players below level 250 in one lobby, and above 250 in another. If you've reached level 250 it shows you at least put some effort into the game and generally you know what you are doing. I don't care if you have poor aim - as long as I can carry you and you don't do stupid things, then I am more than happy to play with you.

TL;DR - I only want to be in a lobby with players who are above Level 250 to lessen the likelihood of being teamed up with players who don't really know how to play the game.

"ANSWERS TO STANDARD REPLIES"

"play ranked"

Ranked is not much better.

"get a squad"

There are reasons I don't want to do this and they're none of your business :D

Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)

Champion

@EdwardDLuffy  This is the bit I find perplexing....if sbmm pushes players into lobbies of equivalent skill, then how do we end up with potatoes on our teams so frequently?

I know you personally don't like partying with other players, but honestly even if you did that isn't the solution lol. I've played apex almost constantly with a duo since around S3 when our third quit, and it was OK for a while but after s6 dropped the lobbies got insanely difficult.

So basically you either play with potatoes for a difficult and frustrating match or you premade up for a frustratingly difficult match.

Not exactly a win win set of scenarios lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy I don't know why I have a feeling that you are talking about me Tongue out
you said " I am not 'great'" followed by " (my KDr over the past two weeks has been around 1.75" ......now that's BS.
you are one step away from being cracked ( i learned that from some streamers fan boys by the way )
I hope you find the kind of teammates that you deserve, but seriously just try to find a permanent team to crack with

Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy Getting a squad only amps your lobby level up higher. It is more fun if you are playing with someone you work well with but you have to play even better. I've noticed even ranked premade sbmm has an effect.
Message 4 of 4 (239 Views)