Please revert the last patch until everything is sorted out

by Ir0n_One

Original Post

Re: Please revert the last patch until everything is sorted out

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Faced lifeline yesterday, she went completely holographic, orange to be precise, and then teleported a good 10' and killed me.

No clue what's happening with the game, but Respawn reallllllllly needs to address these issues soon. 

To all of you saying the game is fine as it is, i suggest you go read the daily Reddit discussion, it's plastered with reported issues, and this since the update got rolled out. We're complaining for a reason, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting on here.

Message 11 of 33 (489 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Ir0n_One wrote:

If you can not fix at least the game breaking stuff introduced with that update today before the weekend I would propose to move back to the last build and take your time to fix stuff until S2.

Things like missing fps cap (disaster for streamers and G-Sync users), slide aim bug etc.  are just unacceptable. You published a long list of already known game breaking stuff yourself. Every day the game stays like this it will draw players away. People want to enjoy Apex on the weekend. If you can not fix it fast please revert, but don‘t let us alone with this for a whole week+.

There is nothing that is actually "game breaking". I've been playing every day since patch and none of this is affecting my game play at all. In fact, the game has never felt better. 

As for as the FPS cap and issues with streamers, that is a problem on your end. I watch many streamers play this game and not a single one of them has any issues. So if you're struggling to stream this game it might be time to upgrade your own set up. 

Message 12 of 33 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Management: We need to roll out this enhancementssss ASAP !  How long it takes?

Dev : That's a lot of enhancements, huge task, will take 2-3 months to create

QA  : That is a lot of test cases, will take 1-2 months to test

Management present the timeline to VP:

VP   : WTF, I can give you only 1 months for everything, MAKE IT HAPPEN !

Dev, QA : But the quality will suffer !!!

Management: Don't you hear me what the VP are saying? You want to get fired ?

Everything snow ball from there.....

After that, when things goes wrong, the blaming game and point finger started:

1. Tier 2 to QA : How you guys tested this??

2. QA to Dev    : How you develop this feature, why so many issues? You didn't document this feature properly.  

3. Dev to management: You're killing us, we already works days and nights, but the works never end, we've family to take care as well.

Message 13 of 33 (462 Views)

★★ Pro

But yet we're seeing the same people cry about new content... WE WANT IT NOW... Then we get new content... FIX IT, IT DOESN'T WORK... does it ever stop? It's a never-ending cycle of complaints smh. 

Message 14 of 33 (455 Views)

★ Expert

@jonesy0218 

It's a matter of principals, let's not forget this is their paying job, regardless if the game is free to play, they need to deliver.

Message 15 of 33 (450 Views)

★★ Pro

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:

@jonesy0218 

It's a matter of principals, let's not forget this is their paying job, regardless if the game is free to play, they need to deliver.

You've perfected everything you've done on the first try?

Message 16 of 33 (446 Views)

★ Expert

@jonesy0218  

This isn’t a trial and error implementation smh.

Message 17 of 33 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

How about I pay you to win the elite queue game in 3 min, or you will get fired, can you deliver?

Message 18 of 33 (436 Views)

★★ Pro

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:

@jonesy0218  

This isn’t a trial and error implementation smh.

Trial and error is much different than pushing an update to an audience who's been crying for something new since day one. No matter how much you test something, there will ALWAYS be issues. I've been in I.T. for 7-8 years... there's no getting away from issues. 

Message 19 of 33 (424 Views)

★ Expert

@asukojo 

Failing to meet requirements always result with consequences, that’s the just the gist of it all.

Imo, which I’m entitled to, this update is a major flop. The issues are present, and shared on a grand scale, there’s more out there then only this forum.

In this case, they’ve already addressed many of said issues as a way to minimize the negative impact.

It will be interesting to see how they actually bounce back from this one.

FYI, your parallel is kinda dumb! Just my opinion tho.

Message 20 of 33 (420 Views)