Re: Please revert the last patch until everything is sorted out

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Bugs is like enemies in Apex, the like to hide and seek as well

When you find it, they like to fight, they don't want to die easily.

Just like in Apex, bugs always spread in many sections of the code, they hide, you've to search them, isolate them, nail down to exactly which lines have issue (out of thousands line of code),just like finding needle in haystack, they're resilient, they're challenging, they fight hard, they don't want to die easily.

Just like how you try to be champions, kill of the enemies, all of these takes a lot of efforts and time.

In Apex, you're still lucky, since the ring help you to group the enemies to smaller and smaller radius.

Easier bug analogy :

1. We will PAY you to find ALL Apex easter eggs for session-2 by yourself (no youtube, no reddit, no googling, simply walking/running using your eyes),

2. We only give you 1 session to find all of them across the map !

3.  If you miss just 1 of them, you will be FIRED !

4.  CAN YOU DELIVER ?

Message 21 of 33 (404 Views)

★★ Pro

As a level-headed, realistic gamer, this update is a great step in the right direction IMO. You won't release anything into a production environment without bugs. It's impossible. There are too many factors to test every single one before release. Now they have the feedback from the community, so let's hope they release fixes pretty quick. But overall, there's nothing that they have to bounce back from. It didn't flop, it just introduced some new challenges because it's new. 

Message 22 of 33 (402 Views)

★ Expert

@asukojo 

I think the in-game lag might have transpired to this forum, cause I can't make out what you're trying to say.

Message 23 of 33 (393 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Silz616 wrote:

@Know_em_sayin wrote:

@jumanjaydazed how about you stfu ? dude is right, that update is * and completely game breaking ,yet they decided to publish it without testing, it only shows incompetency and draws people away

That was nice and civil.

How do you know it wasn't tested by the way?

This guy can't post a comment without "testing" it for spelling errors either so why listen to him.

Some audacity to comment on the quality of people's work.

Message 24 of 33 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@jonesy0218 wrote:

But yet we're seeing the same people cry about new content... WE WANT IT NOW... Then we get new content... FIX IT, IT DOESN'T WORK... does it ever stop? It's a never-ending cycle of complaints smh. 

Yep, that's exactly how it goes, pubescent consumers yelling on the forums everyday about "no content" put additional pressure on studio's to deliver faster than what's reasonable, then flame even more when it's not 100% pico bello when new content is added.

I personally think game developers on mass, should adopt a business policy to not give one flying F about those vocal minorities.

Ultimately, despite all their complaints, they won't stop playing anyway, so why even care about the threats they would allegedly stop playing if X is not fixed in one week.

Message 25 of 33 (382 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Wingmannedbro 

I think you hit the nail on the head with your reply.

So who's at fault here, the peer pressuring pubs, or the semi-professional team pushing a pubescent peer pressured update?

Or is it both, cause I'm at a loss here lol. 

Edit; came back to proof read my reply, cause the grammar police is on watch lolol

Message 26 of 33 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:

@Wingmannedbro 

I think you hit the nail on the head with your reply.

So who's at fault here, the peer pressuring pubs, or the semi-professional team pushing a pubescent peer pressured update?

Or is it both, cause I'm at a loss here lol. 

Edit; came back to proof read my reply, cause the grammar police is on watch lolol

Heh, funny.

Well, i'm personally not familiar with how beta testing is handled for Apex, if there is any beta at all.

If the current patch went live, after only going through the internal employee beta test, I'd recon it did pretty well. The worst issues were holographic character sprites, a bug someone reported where bloodhound got a black/glitched screen during ultimate, and of course the server disconnects on console.

Most of the stuff was patched out within a matter of hours, like scrambled loot order in deathbox menu, and the ammo clip nerf to energy guns.

Thing is that Season 2 is coming soon, and it's a time tested method to roll out a bulk of changes to source code in pre-patches before any major game updates. Blizzard always launches pre-patches to new expansions weeks in advance that come with huge sweeping changes across the board.

This gives the studio time to handle bugs and unforseen problems in the weeks leading up to launch to greatly help making launches successful.

If respawn is not having a large beta for Apex, there is only 1 way to make sure new season launch goes well.

With a pre-patch, all things considered, the bugs were relatively minor, the more egregious problems were fortunately pretty rare.

I don't think anyone is really to "blame" for anything, people who make a mountain out of a molehill clearly have nothing going on in life to grieve over, so they tend to fabricate it a little.

[Edit] had to proof read, and forgot a whole word in one sentence lol. I have suffocated twice last year due to a chronic lung illness and I haven't fully recovered since. My mind tends to fart a lot when it comes to linguistics haha. You know... since i'm the grammar police and all.

Message 27 of 33 (358 Views)

★ Guide

How is getting the leaf code constantly not game breaking? I’ve won 11 games that have counted these last 2 days bc of this stupid thing. They can atleast do a quick hot fix for some major performance issues. Choosing to wait till the next patch on a lil under a month is just straight lazy

Message 28 of 33 (338 Views)

★ Guide
Havent* typing on an iPhone is garbage sorry lol
Message 29 of 33 (337 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bringing up this discussion I feel like I have to justify my believing that there is indeed game breaking issues introduced with this patch. In my opinion it does not require a bug/change affecting each and every player to be game breaking, so if you do not have any problems with the latest patch that is good for you.

However some of these issues affect large groups of players. For now I will be focusing on the things that affect me and that I know affect lots and lots of others as well.

1st: The custom fps cap being removed and fixed at 144fps for all PC players. Not being able to get any higher than 144 limits the utilization of high frequency monitors which is basically inacceptable nowadays on pc. Not being able to cap at a custom refresh rate makes it impossible to effectively use Gsync/Freesync which is a very widely used technology. It also can cause issues for streamers because of CPU bottleneck specifically with this game and streaming software. In my case the game running at 144fps constantly without drops on my 120Hz Gsync monitor causes heavy stutter that is so annoying. I am used to Gsync but can not even reproduce such stuttering in other games with it turned of. Before the patch I could limit to 118fps with Gsync enabled and everything was buttersmooth.

2nd: The sliding accuracy bug. At least for a major part of the player base slide and shoot is literally 30% of the fights in this game if not more. Bullets going all over the place when ADSing in a slide puts you at a serious disadvantage and I do not get how this is not game breaking. Popular players like Shroud commented on that already and even stopped playing the game for now because of that.

I also can not understand the argument of crying for content and now crying again as it is not about the content. They could have added content without touching mechanics. Nobody asked for changes like removing startup commands or bhopping (which became an essential skill gap feature btw). If they touch mechanics I would at least ask for the changes not introducing numereous new bugs. Finally I do still think that a reaction time of 1 week or more is totally unacceptable for bugs like these. You would never see something like this staying in the game for such a long time looking at the competitors. I really like Apex but the game is not looking at a bright future if it remains to be treated like this by its devs.

Message 30 of 33 (287 Views)