Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Please put solo and duo queues into this game

by unferth
Reply

Original Post

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★★★★ Apprentice

 if you want you would play solo if you dont you play squad it would be an option 

Message 11 of 18 (212 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★★★★ Apprentice

@adidasPowah wrote:

 if you want you would play solo if you dont you play squad it would be an option 


Don't people understand that this would divide the player base? 

 

Assuming a 50/50 split, you'd now only have half of the players on your server.

 

This would mean it'd be harder to find players with a good connection, thereby increasing latency. 

 

This forum would then be filled with players moaning about lag. 

Message 12 of 18 (210 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★★★ Novice

I'm only going to post on here once I don't wanna get dragged into this thread of constant fighting I just wanna post an opinion. I feel solos would be nice if we had more legends like pathfinder and wraith, as for the whole issue on knockdown shields re spawn beacons ect just disable them or remove them from the game mode. Yes the player base would be divided yes que times would be horrible but adding solos/duos would bring some hype back into the game and revive its dead state therefor bring a lot of players back.Server lag yeah hopefully with all that cash EA brings in from loot boxes they can invest in some better servers. We need content the game is bland in my opinion I'm not saying go all out fortnite style and over work the devs I mean some consistent updates that bring a little hype into the community. I mean common if Hello games brought back no man's sky I'm sure respawn can handle this. Even if they never do a damn thing to Apex I will continue to play and love the game 

Message 13 of 18 (180 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★★★ Guide

@NyGmen4Lif3 wrote:

@unferth wrote:

 

Their is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game that makes it inherently squad based.  The abilities all the Legends in this game have provide no synergy with each other.  Their is nothing like a  healer/tank/dps mechanic going on.  All the Legends abilities were designed completely independent of each other, 

 

 


This is  a false statement.

 

Bangalore's smoke hides Caustics Toxic gas while Blood Hound can charge/flank the enemy with his alt.

 

Wraith's Portal helps out Caustic's and Gibraltars slow movement to get them out of the ring and into the battle

 

Octanes jump pads help's your downed teammates to get out of harms way and a "safe" place to get Resurrected. 

 

Blood Hounds eye scan shows enemies location's to you and  your Teammates in the proximity.

 

Gibraltars dome shield helps your teammates from shelter while gibraltars  and bangolore drop bombs on the enemy [ if there isn't another team of bangalore and gibraltars]

 

 

No you can't synergy with your teammates to form voltron  but the alternative is pretty close. If you need more examples of what legend abilities you can match up to run through teams let me know.

 

 

 

 


Great examples. That will be lost on most solos fanatics though.

 

Message 14 of 18 (155 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@unferth wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Saying that this game is structured from the beginning as a team game, is not being toxic, or trolling, or because of wanting "free kills"

 

 


That's not at all what I said. Love how you lie about what I said to fit your needs, lovely.  But you lying  about what I said only adds to the characterization that I attributed to you people.

 

I said that people arguing against solo and duo queues personally attack people asking for it.  Which is basically what you have done by lying about what I said. 

 

And no, the game does no need to be remade from the ground up.  That's a ridiculous statement at best. 

 

 


That is exactly what you said.

You wrote, and I quote.

 

"The only people I see on these forums who don't want solos are the toxic jerks who start personally insulting people and regurguate the line "Its a team game".  The only thing they want is to keep a steady supply of solo players for their team to shoot at.  They don't want real competition against other teams, they only want easy kills."

 

That, is EXACTLY what you said.

 

And for the record, you are a liar, you willfully omitted the fact that the majority of comments were people explaining in a completely normal manner, all the details of this game that were designed for team play.

 

But because you cannot win this argument, and even the games developers are featured in interviews, literally explaining how they designed this as a team based BR, you concede to calling people trolls and liars despite evidence to the contrary in plain sight.

 

And what's even more shocking is that in your most recent reply you said:

 

"That's not at all what I said. Love how you lie about what I said to fit your needs, lovely.  But you lying  about what I said only adds to the characterization that I attributed to you people."

 

You say that I lied that you characterized people who disagree with you as trolls and people who want easy kills, and then immediately, in the very next sentence, you say that I add to the characterization you made.

 

You literally deny, and then immediately admit making those characterizations in same same paragraph, all to fit your needs as you like to say, all the while calling me a liar.

 

I'm actually stunned and perplexed that someone can be so dishonest.

Message 15 of 18 (148 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★★ Guide

@unferth 

 

The only thing is good solo players are already winning around 20 percent of there games in trio so if you are having problems with 2 randoms trying to kill one solo person what do you think is going to happen if you get solo when the good players start playing it 

 

and also for solo to work properly in this game you would have to take all ults and other powers away including passives and make everyone the same character probably mirage because he is middle of the road on hit box without doing this whichever legend is broken at the time will be used by 95 percent of the people playing which right now would be pathfinder and as it has been stated before 60 pathfinders would completely change the game to something the devs obviously do not want it to be 

Message 16 of 18 (122 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★ Novice

I can understand what you're saying here but don't you think making a limited time game mode available may be a  good step. Solos will make lifeline less useful... but gibralatar can still use his powers in a "solo" fashion along with caustic, pathfinder, bangalore, bloodhound, wraith, and octane. Just because one character is rendered slightly usless in this game mode doesn't mean it's not worth a shot, and this could open up different playstyles. I understand pinging, respawn beacons, and even gold shield won't be useful and they don't have to keep those in this gamemode, but personally it think the gold shield could have some use because if you fight someone and other solos jump in you may hide and rez while they fight, and yes I understand this is rare but the gold shield from my understanding gets thirsted a lot before its used so it is already inherently rare to be used. You did address that it is what makes the game different as well but the powers/abilities and pace are what really entice me in this game, plus this won't destroy their game testing this out because so many people I've played with (randoms and friends) have complained to me about how they wish there was a solo/duo mode. The gaming community may not know what is best for the game but if they just would try listening to this idea more people could stay in this game and more people could join. A lot of what I have said doesn't really address duos either, but i feel your argument doesn't go too much against it so if solos is never put in the game I can understand to an extent but if duos is never put in the game I believe people will slowly slip away from this game. (Also with dealing with servers/lag spikes- if they are able to find a way to deal with it or fix something like that in a reasonable time people will more than likely stay but all of this is assuming it will happen, and if it doesn't the player base shouldn't shrink in a giant manor for threes when adding this game mode but i believe it will pull in those who left and bring in new people)

Message 17 of 18 (52 Views)

Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

★★ Novice

Also I don't agree that toxicity is whats happening, and I don't know/think greed is involved. I do think though that trying this will help the game and I am only saying this because I want this game to thrive, and I would want to experince this game in a different capacity.

Message 18 of 18 (51 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help