Re: Please put solo and duo queues into this game

by tonycawley69

Original Post

Please put solo and duo queues into this game

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I know there are so many people who would love solo queues in this game.  

Most people are like me, don't have time to join a clan, none of my online friends play this game, and I don't have regular hours that I play this game, I play whenever I get free time and it's very difficult to find regular people to play with.  

The only people I see on these forums who don't want solos are the toxic jerks who start personally insulting people and regurguate the line "Its a team game".  The only thing they want is to keep a steady supply of solo players for their team to shoot at.  They don't want real competition against other teams, they only want easy kills. 

This game isn't Overwatch, there are no objectives, this game does not have two sides with two teams.  

Their is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game that makes it inherently squad based.  The abilities all the Legends in this game have provide no synergy with each other.  Their is nothing like a  healer/tank/dps mechanic going on.  All the Legends abilities were designed completely independent of each other, 

Their is no reason solo and duo queues can not be added to this game, and it would only help the game and bring in more players. 

Message 1 of 18 (809 Views)

★★★ Guide

agree but sad that EA doesnt care what community wants what they care is how to add recolored skin for 18$

Message 2 of 18 (798 Views)

★★ Guide

@adidasPowah wrote:

agree but sad that EA doesnt care what community wants what they care is how to add recolored skin for 18$

Agree with you on that EA literally only cares about money. 

Respawn though, I think they are out of their depth when it comes to Battle Royale.  I think Respawns CEO is the wrong man to be in charge of this game. 

Fortnite has changed the game, and if you don't change your business practice to match the market leader, you are going to be out of business.  

Message 3 of 18 (794 Views)

★ Guide

Many legends abilities would be completely defunct in solos. 

Knockdown shield would be useless. 

Respawn beacons would be pointless. 

Pinging would be pointless. 

Basically all the things that separate this from any other br would be pointless. 

They've designed it to be played as a team. 

Also, creating playlists divides the player base, reducing the player pool on each server and increasing lag as a result. 

Message 4 of 18 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Saying that this game is structured from the beginning as a team game, is not being toxic, or trolling, or because of wanting "free kills"

If that's true, then Respawns developers, are toxic trolls, who wanna score some easy kills.

I can see duo's happen, since this game doesn't have to be remade from ground up, but solo's would mean a whole new game.

There are many BR's made for solo's like PUBG and Fortnite, one of the hallmarks of solo BR, is that everyone plays with a homogeneous hitbox.

Who is going to play gibraltar over wraith in solo's?

Message 5 of 18 (731 Views)

★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Saying that this game is structured from the beginning as a team game, is not being toxic, or trolling, or because of wanting "free kills"

That's not at all what I said. Love how you lie about what I said to fit your needs, lovely.  But you lying  about what I said only adds to the characterization that I attributed to you people.

I said that people arguing against solo and duo queues personally attack people asking for it.  Which is basically what you have done by lying about what I said. 

And no, the game does no need to be remade from the ground up.  That's a ridiculous statement at best. 

Message 6 of 18 (715 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@unferth wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

That's not at all what I said. Love how you lie about what I said to fit your needs, lovely.  But you lying  about what I said only adds to the characterization that I attributed to you people.

I said that people arguing against solo and duo queues personally attack people asking for it.  Which is basically what you have done by lying about what I said. 

And no, the game does no need to be remade from the ground up.  That's a ridiculous statement at best. 

The other thread I tagged you in had all the answers you were looking for.

Solo's will not be the "heaven" you expect imo. Nothing toxic about being given good constructive views as to why solos would be a waste of time and effort.

Message 7 of 18 (704 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

If that's true, then Respawns developers, are toxic trolls, who wanna score some easy kills.

I can see duo's happen, since this game doesn't have to be remade from ground up, but solo's would mean a whole new game.

There are many BR's made for solo's like PUBG and Fortnite, one of the hallmarks of solo BR, is that everyone plays with a homogeneous hitbox.

Who is going to play gibraltar over wraith in solo's?

and who play gibraltar on squads? hes abilitys are same useles in any mode :D and hit box like a tank 

Message 8 of 18 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@unferth wrote:

Their is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game that makes it inherently squad based.  The abilities all the Legends in this game have provide no synergy with each other.  Their is nothing like a  healer/tank/dps mechanic going on.  All the Legends abilities were designed completely independent of each other, 

This is  a false statement.

Bangalore's smoke hides Caustics Toxic gas while Blood Hound can charge/flank the enemy with his alt.

Wraith's Portal helps out Caustic's and Gibraltars slow movement to get them out of the ring and into the battle

Octanes jump pads help's your downed teammates to get out of harms way and a "safe" place to get Resurrected. 

Blood Hounds eye scan shows enemies location's to you and  your Teammates in the proximity.

Gibraltars dome shield helps your teammates from shelter while gibraltars  and bangolore drop bombs on the enemy [ if there isn't another team of bangalore and gibraltars]

No you can't synergy with your teammates to form voltron  but the alternative is pretty close. If you need more examples of what legend abilities you can match up to run through teams let me know.

Message 9 of 18 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@unferth wrote:

Their is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game that makes it inherently squad based. 

Pathfinder.

Solo matchmaking would be 60 pathfinders.

With his grapple this game would instantly be a completely different shooter.

If you chose ANY other legend you can't get away from him and can't keep up with him.

This game would be one big monkey playground with guns.

And i would quit it.

Message 10 of 18 (675 Views)