Re: Please nerf the bounty hunt grind strat, especially the solar sisters.

by KlutchxKing518

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please nerf the bounty hunt grind strat, especially the solar sisters.

★★★ Apprentice

Its ridiculous that we have these challenges to go out and play the game, gather orbs, and actually do the event to unlock rewards, but then we have people who go to these bounty hunts and grind nonstop. I have a friend who has nonstop grinded the Solar Sisters, and already has Insecto Brains, meanwhile, im out here grinding challenges and multiplayer and im only onto page 4. I have other friends who grind constant money and rack up over a million in a few hours. Its out of hand. I dont believe that people should get rewarded triple for a quarter of the effort.

My proposal: when a player does a bounty hunt and successfully complete it, they and anyone in their group must wait 1 hour before they can reinitiate that same bounty hunt. This will prevent people from getting insane amounts of cash, xp, and region currency, in very little time.

I understand why people do it, and ive admittedly done it here and there, but why do we have challenges if you can easily out-do them with bounties? 

I think that people should have to play the game to get things done, not repeat a mission 50 times a day.

What do you guys think?

Btw, this is my first time on the forums. Help me out.

Message 1 of 33 (1,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

I've never grinded any bounty hunts, in fact some of them were hard enough to get done once. I have plenty of money, all my plants mastered, and all regions to 100%. Now I'm working on leveling up zombies. Only thing left is to repeat stuff or pvp. I like to play solo pve to be honest. Right now my interest in the game has dropped because there's not much to do in the areas I prefer to play. I get bored in pvp, I'm not interested in grinding for the sake of grinding. I am at the point where I want to do something fun and if it means doing bounties.. Solo.. Then who cares? I shouldn't get punished for replaying something I enjoy because somebody else isn't getting money/xp/cosmetic swag at the same rate. 

There should be faster ways of achieving things bc we don't all have the same amount of play time. If I work a full time job, have kids, school, etc and I get a couple hours a week to play. There is NO way I'd ever catch up (if that's your main complaint) to any other player who has a lot of time to play. I think the bounties are fine. I think the devs need to focus on other issues like not letting us choose a side without penalty when we do play TT, balancing, bugs and glitches, pc issues, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

View in thread

Message 25 of 33 (1,515 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I agree with you. I play this game quite a bit and just got the Black Cat hat for Slide. I also hard a glitch that kept giving me dailies one day for about 8 extras. Now I know since I work there will be players out speeding me on getting stuff and that's fine. But seeing people with the Grand Prize after a couple days just reeks of abusing the game to get ahead. What I had I was confused on and asked on the discord if it was natural, in which nobody offered my any help anyways. But I didn't choose to get that glitch.

I'm not sure why they haven't patched some of these and added some other exciting PvE ways to grind exp or cash that are more legit and would add reasons to return to completed PvE maps.

Message 2 of 33 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Exactly. Those who put in effort should be rewarded. Those who abuse exploits should be punished.

And its also ectremely stupid that a guy who grinds for weeks can be outdoubled by a guy who exploits for 3 hours

(Posts Merged by CM)

Message 3 of 33 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@KlutchxKing518Honestly I don't see an exploit here. It's just effective xp grinding. Like it or not but punishing a player who grinds in a game that wants me to grind is just ridiculous.
But sure PopCap could nerf this by reducing the amount of xp you gain everytime you complete this hunt. Would you be happy with that?

Message 4 of 33 (1,338 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ugh, the solar sisters! I can not win that one no matter what. Mine do not stay separated. I've watched YT videos of people using space cadet and making it look easy but it just won't work for me. I gave up on that one and left the region. 

Message 5 of 33 (1,288 Views)

★ Pro

You can try to separate and purge them as electric slide. At least, that's how I've done it.

Message 6 of 33 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

An effective strategy, yes. But do you really think the developers intended on you repeating the mission 50-60 times every 2 hours, earning more money, xp, and prize orbs than a normal plsyer would by playing the game?

An exploit is by definition, when you take advantage of something that was unintentional. 

The devs didnt say "the REAL way to do the event is by doing the solar sistars 300 times, not by doing challenges"

People who are spending ages grinding region currency to get the expensive stuff are instantly blown away by this.

Regardless of if you do it or not, or if you like it or not, do you REALLY think that this is whats best for the game?

Message 7 of 33 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@KlutchxKing518I don't know if it's good for the game grinding the same bounty hunt for hours. Probably not. I don't know if it's good that the devs make this game so grindy in general.
But completing the same bounty hunt over and over again is not exploiting. It's just using a cetain game mechanic. Maybe the devs didn't intend to let the player repeat those hunts but it's legit to do so. If the devs decide to patch it I'm fine with it because it's not fun at all to grind that way in my point of view.
But what you wanted in an earlier post was to punish the players who use this game mechanic. Really?
Exploiting is to use bugs and glitches to take personal advantage - it's just not given here. Repeating the bounty hunt is neither glitching nor bug using. It's just a terrible game design. Sure there were some glitches and bugs in the bounty hunts but they were already patched.

Message 8 of 33 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@KlutchxKing518 wrote:

Its ridiculous that we have these challenges to go out and play the game, gather orbs, and actually do the event to unlock rewards, but then we have people who go to these bounty hunts and grind nonstop. I have a friend who has nonstop grinded the Solar Sisters, and already has Insecto Brains, meanwhile, im out here grinding challenges and multiplayer and im only onto page 4. I have other friends who grind constant money and rack up over a million in a few hours. Its out of hand. I dont believe that people should get rewarded triple for a quarter of the effort.

My proposal: when a player does a bounty hunt and successfully complete it, they and anyone in their group must wait 1 hour before they can reinitiate that same bounty hunt. This will prevent people from getting insane amounts of cash, xp, and region currency, in very little time.

I understand why people do it, and ive admittedly done it here and there, but why do we have challenges if you can easily out-do them with bounties? 

I think that people should have to play the game to get things done, not repeat a mission 50 times a day.

What do you guys think?

Btw, this is my first time on the forums. Help me out.

NEVER call for nerfs for coins or exp, you call for buffs for other activities. Also, these grinds, are tedious and not fun, this is why we call them a grind. Nobody is going to do these exclusively. After about 20 minutes it becomes mind numbing. The majority of players aren't going to be doing this as a primary means, they will be playing the game and having fun. Why call for a limit on activities like this? Or even a nerf... if you can do them rapidly, you SHOULD be rewarded for them. Why do you have an issue with other people grinding bounties? This is very strange to me and seems envious. 

Message 9 of 33 (1,204 Views)

★ Guide

Don't nerf bounty hunts. I say that because anyone can do them (my go to being Queenigma), they should stay. Without character classes being rewards for this, and only cosmetics, I don't think there is anything that should be changed. Only multiplayer (and boss fights/ bounty hunts/ any other PvE fight difficulties) should get nerfs or buffs.

Message 10 of 33 (1,182 Views)