Re: Please nerf the arc star!

by Dajinn_exe

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jumanjaydazed Why do people keep asking to nerf stuff.... Arc stars are fine as is.
If you suggest a change to it , i think thats fine, but not a nerf.

I'd suggest that if something is killing you more often than not, then learn how to change your gameplay to improve and even include it into your scheme.

The game has been changing and catering to reduce the skill level required which is very unfortunate in my opinion.
Message 11 of 19 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@QazaqD 

Right, I will change my gameplay and  I'll learn to adapt to the power of the arc star...good suggestionRaised eyebrow. It's not sth that's killing me often so I don't need to "improve" on how I  run the map. Nerf, in this context, meaning taking it down a notch or two....read the rest of the posts before making stupid comments. Has nothing to do with catering to anyone. It literally destroys a purple armour. That's all we're talking about

Heart

Message 12 of 19 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jumanjaydazed I read your initial post and your reply.
You asked to nerf it cos it takes out purple armour.
And the damage radius u feel is too big.

What did I get wrong here?
I said if something (anything) is killing you often, then learn to integrate it into your gameplay and adapt. That’s wrong? =s

Arc stars are not particularly easy to use, and they take up 1 slot as is.
It also balances the game when a level 1 armour is going up against a level 3. Amongst multiple other uses.
I’ve lost to it, and I’ve also won 1v3s cos I could use arc stars to buy time or to slow 1 side of the map.

I don’t see anything wrong with arc stars as is. It’s a high reward throwable and serves its purpose.
And there is a damage drop off for radius.
The game already makes it easy by highlighting if you are in range of a nade.
Message 13 of 19 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@QazaqD wrote:
@jumanjaydazedI read your initial post and your reply.
You asked to nerf it cos it takes out purple armour.
And the damage radius u feel is too big.

What did I get wrong here?
I said if something (anything) is killing you often, then learn to integrate it into your gameplay and adapt. That’s wrong? =s

Arc stars are not particularly easy to use, and they take up 1 slot as is.
It also balances the game when a level 1 armour is going up against a level 3. Amongst multiple other uses.
I’ve lost to it, and I’ve also won 1v3s cos I could use arc stars to buy time or to slow 1 side of the map.

I don’t see anything wrong with arc stars as is. It’s a high reward throwable and serves its purpose.
And there is a damage drop off for radius.
The game already makes it easy by highlighting if you are in range of a nade.

What are you talking about?

''It also balances the game when a level 1 armour is going up against a level 3''

Why would you want to balance that?

Yes your wrong,

A lot of people are calling items out because they are killing to easy and a lot with it.

and I’ve also won 1v3s cos I could use arc stars to buy time or to slow 1 side of the map

So its OP?

Arc stars are not particularly easy to use, and they take up 1 slot as is

Yes they are easy to use.

There is a line shown the EXACT throwing path.

And you can throw them real far as the timer starts on inpact.

And don't get me started on the sticking on player part of this arkstar.

its 99% luck if you stick a player but a 100% kill.

Message 14 of 19 (2,185 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DaAceXD Sure let’s just nerf everything then =)

Btw using something well is different from just using them.
Message 15 of 19 (820 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think the blast radius for arc star and frags should be reduced / nerfed not the damage.

There has been plenty of times that the frag Icon isn't visible on screen and still being hit, doing lots of damage.

Message 16 of 19 (800 Views)

Nothing wrong with arc star you just need to git gud. If you hate arc stars so much maybe you should change legend to gibby or the new legend wattson or again just git gud.

Message 17 of 19 (789 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The only thing that bugs me about The arc star is how it slows your look speed to a crawl. You can't turn and defend your self 

Message 18 of 19 (774 Views)

★ Apprentice

Getting sticks, in my opinion, is not that hard but you do have to be ready cause if you're not you're just letting them shoot you for free. I mean like you need to be holding mouse 1 ready to let go the moment you peek a corner.

It's interesting to see how polarized people are over the subject and I even think some people are a bit deluded. Arc star is strong in basically every way you look at it. A direct hit is insanely dank, and proximity damage is insanely dank. The slow AND sensitivity lowering effects from just getting hit by the explosion are in-SANE in a game like this. And lets be honest, the explosion radius is relatively large all things considered.

I also find it slightly amusing that someone was acting like arc stars taking up inventory is a big deal. Arc stars are good loot, you WANT them. In -most- if not all setups you can comfortably fit 4 and having 2 to 4 arc stars you generally never feel like you're making a big sacrifice by carrying them. Grenades and thermites on the other hand, I can always easily justify dropping for something I actually need, especially if I already have arcs.

Arc stars are definitely insane, however, I do not think that nades themselves need to be nerfed, it's the quantity that probably should be looked at. Change the grenade stacking from 2 to 3 for Arcs, Nades, and Thermites and only limit 1 stack per inventory? That's STILL 18 nades (not counting thermites) per squad. Or maybe even look at changing the caps for the individual nades, 2 grenades, 1 arc, 2 thermite? Or 1/2/2? 2/2/2? Who knows.

Point is, I think nade spam in and of itself is more of a problem in this game than arc stars alone, which are definitely really strong and possibly a bit overtuned.

Message 19 of 19 (737 Views)