Please, make "Centurion: Defender of Rome" available for digital sale

by karnak327

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please, make "Centurion: Defender of Rome" available for digital sale

★★★★ Novice

Is it possible for EA to make Centurion: Defender of Rome available for digital purchase?

It was a classic of PC strategy games and it's still highly playable today. I'd love to play it again if EA managed to sell it on GOG.com store like they're doing with other old PC games. And I'm sure many other gamers would love to play it as well.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please, make "Centurion: Defender of Rome" available for digital s

Community Manager

Hey @karnak327 I am not aware of any plans to bring it back but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (458 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @karnak327 I am not aware of any plans to bring it back but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (459 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you! I think it would be a nice deal for EA if they decided to sell this old gem. Not only it would bring them some more cash (for very small work) while at the same time it would show new gamers one of the strategy pearls of EA's history.
Message 3 of 6 (446 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @karnak327 it would be cool to see more of the DOS games getting a release. I must have been 6 when I played Centurion: Defender of Rome and honestly barely remember a thing about it. Wonder if it holds up as some games such as Dune certainly do but others not so much.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (443 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I've replayed "Centurion" a couple of years ago. The action mini-games were already mediocre when the game was first sold. But the strategy section (the game's main focus) is still excellent even for 2019 standards.
In fact, when I was a kid. I'd even suggest "Centurion" as an introduction for people who had no clue about strategy games and wanted to know if they were good or not.

And the graphics (despite only being in 256 VGA) are good examples of real Pixel Art.
All in all I'd say that EA would be foolish for not trying to re-publish this good old game.
Message 5 of 6 (432 Views)

Community Manager

I spent an hour in my attic at home going through boxes looking for a copy of the game @karnak327. I bought a job lot of a couple thousand older games online a few years back and I'm pretty certain that there was a copy of Centurion: Defender of Rome there. Couldn't find it but I've little else to do tonight than go through the dozens of boxes and I already set up my old PC from the early 90s so hoping I can find it. There are certain gaming art styles that never really age, cell shading is a great example with XIII looking as good today as the day it was released. Same with Blade Runner and in recent months I've been playing through a number of old interactive movie games such as Night Trap and while the gameplay is dated they still play really well.  Stumbled across my copy of Master of Orion and installed in so looking forward to seeing how it holds up. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (410 Views)