Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Please help me choose - Upgrade for Anthem

by AOD_XORNSTAR

Original Post

Please help me choose - Upgrade for Anthem

★ Apprentice

Hey Guys currently looking to upgrade my PC system for Anthem help me choose please

As you can see from my current spec the CPU is restricting my GPU hard.

Want to play Anthem at ULTRA  60fps + ( 1080p ) might get a 1440p in future but 1080p is perfect for me at this moment.

Current Spec

intel i3 6100
MSI RX 580 Armor OC 8 GB VRAM ( Bought recently not upgrading )
8GB Ram
Old Mobo will upgrade
Windows 7 ( Will upgrade to windows 10 with new build )

Option 1 - £400

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz
16GB Corsair DDR4 Memory
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS

Option 2 - £580

Intel Core i5 9600K 3.7GHz ( Cryorig H7 tower cooler )
16GB Corsair DDR4 Memory
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X

Option 3 = £610

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz ( Wraith Prism RGB LED cooling )
16GB Corsair DDR4 Memory
MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON

Thanks again Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'll go for MSI Mobo, because I got an MSI too Large smile well for my personal taste ill go with a high end rig then save money for the next 3 to 5years and buy a new rig again Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (173 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Go look at benchmarks for those 3 processors. Single thread results will be really important. While I assume the game takes advantage of multi core I'm not sure how much. Just be sure to look at the overall performance too.

My i7 5820k is getting a little long in the tooth but still does really well. I'll see what the generation brings, I don't want to jump on 2066 if it's going out in the next refresh or 2.
Message 3 of 8 (159 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Guess the 2700x will be future proof also with newer zen 2 chips coming in 2020

my gameplay was not that bad at medium settings in the open demo so might jus test the game when its out to see how well its optimized then buy the 2700x bundle

Message 4 of 8 (153 Views)

★ Pro

Don’t take my word for it, but I saw multiple people with Radeon processors saying all their cores were running equally.

Message 5 of 8 (152 Views)

★ Guide

I would strongly recommend waiting for at least the 22nd to hear how the game really performs on various hardware. It may even turn out that your 580 isn't going to get 1080@60 ultra, in which you might want to rethink your upgrade plans.

Message 6 of 8 (126 Views)

★★ Novice

Gotta say Zemerick, yours is probably the best advice one could receive to this question. We already know that a lot of changes are coming in the next 7 to 10 days. The wait and see attitude, for at least a couple more weeks, is a very sound approach.

Message 7 of 8 (91 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yeah definitely a wait and see!

I don't like the options you've posted, but I like Intel over AMD and your option #2 is more normal looking for me.

Sadly, I'm running a notebook, but good enough for gaming (i7, 16GB RAM, GTX1060 on Win 10).  G'Luck!

Message 8 of 8 (85 Views)
Twitter Stream