Re: Please have certified Battlefield 2042 servers that we can rent thank you.

by MustyChickenDOH

Original Post

★★ Guide
@DrunkwoIf We have been hosting free servers in BFV for over a year now and happily banning cheats every night, it is annoying but not a deal breaker. The permanent ban list for portal is going to upset a few players though.
Also cheaters aren't as big a problem now has the high pingers....
Message 21 of 37 (895 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DrunkwoIf Easy Anticheat which is the same thing that Apex Legends uses.
Message 22 of 37 (882 Views)

Re: Poll should we be able to rent Battlefield 2042 servers?

★★★★ Guide
Hello @WindowsManTv_CZE It's a poll though, not a question whether or not it will be available at launch. Standard smile

So, what is your opinion?
Message 23 of 37 (896 Views)

Re: Poll should we be able to rent Battlefield 2042 servers?

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @har1eydavidson ,

I vote NO !

On the basis that I want us all to hold EA accountable to deliver on their Portal promises to us!

If the Portal function is what they promote it to be, then we would not need at all the rental servers.  The community-created Portal servers will give us all we want and need.  I do not understand what it is you think you will be able to do more or better with a rental server versus what EA promote we will get through the Portal.

Message 24 of 37 (881 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Jesse165 That name says it all especially in the division 2 that uses easy to cheat anti cheat.
Message 25 of 37 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Im pretty sure battlefield portal has an option for a password to enter a server you created...there is no need to rent a server...use the password option...pubg has that option when you create a private match...im thinking it works in a similar fashion..open or private option to jn portal you create..

Message 26 of 37 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

some of use are just off with all the cross play and want to be able to play pc only 

[CM - removed profanity]

Message 27 of 37 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Leave the Portal Instance servers stay, as when they empty out they will be deleted... 

+1 to the request for the clan/gaming community servers, the ability to rent a dedicated server that we can run third-party anti-cheat, procon (mainly for member priority queue, donation reserved slots, high-ping kick, and game balance) (also customize bots in 2042), and enjoy playing as a group again.  We have not had this since they did not continue the practice on BF1. 

As such ran out of time to return BF1, never purchased BF5, and at current course will not purchase BF2042.  Not alone in this thinking as there are many others out there thinking the same as me. 

HOSH

Message 28 of 37 (718 Views)

★★ Guide
@GNRHOSH And that is exactly why you won't be getting custom servers to rent ever again..

Bf1 has servers that you can rent and admin, BFV does have a community game setup that you can admin.

3rd party anti cheat (do you mean PBban lists?) and pay to play is exactly why clans are not getting servers. Holding DICE's customers to ransom to play in private rental servers with their rules when there are no public servers available killed BF4, people think it's the only thing that saved BF4, no it wasn't.

The fact is you are no longer a Battlefield customer so therefore nobody at DICE really cares if you come back or not there is not enough of you to make a difference.

BF2042 is set in the future maybe time to move forward, the past wasn't that glorious..
Message 29 of 37 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have looked at creating a BF1 server and BF5 was a joke, neither allow us to admin, anti-cheat, reserve/priority queue list, and limit high ping players (helps with netcode issues).  So never had the use to create one as it was just not worth it.

BF4 server community is still going strong, plenty of servers to play on in various modes and map cycles.  I still play it on occasion on weekends with friends.  You would be surprised at how many stopped playing after BF4 because of the same.  And yes Punkbuster is one of the ones I was talking about, PIA to go through screenshots when it found some they did not auto take care of, but hilarious sometimes...

Only thing I seen promising is the Portal (nice try, great for quick setups or for some video creation and great for co-op play to learn) and now the Easy Anti Cheat, as I use it on other games, but each game can implement it differently. 

HOSH

Message 30 of 37 (638 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help