Please give Medic the SLRs!!!

by Markiebaby

Original Post

Please give Medic the SLRs!!!

★★ Apprentice

In BF1 I played medic a LOT - the guns were great and you could really help your team out - in fact I always regretted the Medal challenges requiring you to get kills with the rifle grenades as you couldn't play medic "properly".

In BFV playing medic on any map other than Devastation is a death sentence - and even worse, you're useless, you can't attack any points on your own as you can't get there, you can't defend a point as you can't do any damage at range so get snotted from range or overrun. Giving the medics the SLRs from the assault class gives the medic a chance, even if it's a "carbine" version with slightly reduced accuracy or range or damage. Let's face it most assault players are still running around with the Sturmgewehr so they don't need the SLRs - the medic class is currently a support only as the guns are hopeless, which is why there are so few medics on a game.

Play Medic - be a bullet magnet!!!

Please!!!!

Pretty Please!!!!

Message 1 of 5 (408 Views)

Re: Please give Medic the SLRs!!!

It's rough being a medic these days; at least they're getting a range buff in the next patch

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A range buff would be nice, but the SMGs bounce so much you're still going to be out-gunned by every other class!!!

Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)

Champion (Retired)
It might be down to the fact that some of the main YouTubers moaned about medic SLRs. They argued that a medic should be right in the thick of things because that's where their medic skills were most useful and therefore they should have short range weapons. It kind of makes a bit of sense, but they shouldn't have removed the medics long range capability entirely. I haven't used the stg in the main release but in the alpha and beta it was already kind of OP as it worked at all ranges. Assault didn't need more long range weapons at the expense of the medics.

The whole argument for medics needing CQC weapons also applies to assault anyway, seeing as they need to get up close to be able to use dynamite and stuff.
Message 4 of 5 (351 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Completely agree with your reasoning - and a medic can be in the thick of things with a "longer" range weapon - I'd love that, but right now I can't play medic, just can't do it - dying isn't fun!!!

Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)