Re: Please don't ruin BF2042 with a woke chat filter

by TomaSkTemplar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please don't ruin BF2042 with a woke chat filter

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

DICE you did it, you did a whole 180° and be now loved by the community more than ever.

BF 2042 has the chance to be the next big thing. (Gues EA is pleased)

Many of my friends who don't play battlefield games are hyped too.

I myself am a Battlefield Veteran since the first game, played all titles including them on console, even played Battlefield Heroes (was way ahead of it's time (Fortnite ) ) 

But please promisse me to not bring a woke chat filter into the game like in Battlefield V.

I am fine with profanity filter ON on default, but give US the option to disable it, and yes I mean it.

I don't wanna read ******** **** **** all the time during gameplay. 

Include a profanity filter for snowflakes if you want Thumbs up

But give us the freedom to enjoy the game imersive.

Make a sign against wokeness.

I can't wait to pre order the game after testing it (not sure if steam or orgigin).

And because you now listening to the community I gona buy the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition 

Message 1 of 85 (6,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro
@SofaJockeyUK I say give players the tools they need to control their personal experience. When they are able to do so, they can decide, individually, what they will accept and what they will filter out. Everyone is happy, at that point.

View in thread

Message 72 of 85 (5,634 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA always listen the players , they have one of the best and helpful community here , totally the opossite as EA customer service , but here in EA answer you have developers , experienced players and really good guys listen and helping 24/7

Message 2 of 85 (6,105 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Conker Wanting to use a filter has nothing to do with being "woke." Some people just think it's a matter of decency, morality or religious conviction. Personally, I am about as far from "woke" as it gets, but I do plan on using the filter, because I just don't care to hear a bunch of cursing while playing. It's the same reason why I usually have chat on mute. I don't need all that noise floating around in my head when I'm just trying to have some fun. Choice is the key, though, and I think it should be left to each player to decide.
Message 3 of 85 (6,093 Views)

★ Guide

Profanity doesn't bother me, I can cuss with the best of them, but I certainly understand some do not want to see/hear it. I respect that. So having a filter to turn on would be a good idea. Still, what are you going to do about those who use profanity over voice chat? How can you filter that out? Having options are good.

Message 4 of 85 (6,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ConkerOMG this! Some of the regular words it filters is crazy. You can't even type in a complete sentence without at least one word being ********** .

The cinematic and even the game play has profanity but we can't see it in chat?!

Message 5 of 85 (6,055 Views)

Personally I find no online gaming session is complete until I've called someone a ******* ****.

Message 6 of 85 (6,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

woke censorship is bad for everybody, including those who push it, because they are getting hammered with it sooner than they think, humiliating themselves and showing obedience to whoever threatens to apply most force.

As a side note on the topic, there was an ideology by the commies in 1980s at least, that was named scientific communism. To question the ideology, you were told that you question ... science.

Ideology is not science, and a scientist can have an agenda or talks out of his own backside. This 'scientific' claim makes such a person immune to something like a peer review that completely destroys these nonsensical notions. Both a 'scientist' and a 'journalist' are not beyond criticism.

Some 'enlightened' also already came up with claims that science is basically bad because it is empirically tested fact that is not possible to change by an agenda or feelings arousal. I hope that folks including not my favorite corporates grow a spine and roast these 'freedom fighters' for demagogues they are. Although to be honest Im not expecting much.

Message 7 of 85 (6,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I read here is: "I want to be an * to people and you need to let me be an * to people."

Message 8 of 85 (6,030 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

COD has an option to turn the chat filter off.

Message 9 of 85 (6,019 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Conker what is there are more effective woke warriors than people who discriminate on people with people they percieve as different? You are on the wrong side of history amigo. I am only here for the woke fun
Message 10 of 85 (5,973 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help