Please, do not increase Rose's projectile speed.

by lilblackstar_1

Original Post

Please, do not increase Rose's projectile speed.

★ Guide

Hello! I'm a Rose main since GW2 and I have already mastered her in BfN. Throughout my experience playing Rose I can assure that increasing her projectile speed would make the character worse. Here are the reasons:

Less time for Magic Thistles to travel and turn around while homing on a target as the projectile moves faster. This will increase missing shots by a lot. 

Her homing range is short, yes. But you can pretty much hit anything due to how low her projectiles are as long as they are in range. Let's set an example: you battling a Superbrainz at close range, with the current projectile speed all of your shots will be  a garanteed hit but If you increase the speed some projectiles would just go by his side missing him. And considering she only does 8 damage and has a low fire rate is not op or a problem since is easily outheal by any time of healing source.

My ideas: increase her rate of fire by a little. 

Increasing projectile speed would just make her worse. But hey, this is my opinion. Thanks for reading :D

Message 1 of 7 (598 Views)

Re: Please, do not increase Rose's projectile speed.

★ Guide
@lilblackstar_1 Oh, by the way. There is an upgrade "Thistle Missile" that increases her projectile speed. Just try it and see how less effective her homing is.
Message 2 of 7 (585 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don’t even think she needs buffed, but I agree that increasing her projectile speed is bad. Just try the upgrade for it; I took it off immediately. It made it much harder for the projectiles to home in on close targets. Her weakness is that she needs to get pretty close for her attacks to track; but I wouldn’t change this either. Increasing her fire rate would, honestly, increase her DPS without making her an unskilled OP no-aim hero from range. She’s a support and should be aiding others with her damage and supportive abilities, not soloing all the zombie cast by herself!

Message 3 of 7 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

She definitely needs some adjustments. As i have not gotten any boasts with her so far. No matter how hard i try and how outstanding my performance is. 

I can feel so great about goatifying an entire zone capture and turn the match upside down but still end up with below average points.

The best i managed so far with her was 24 assists, 25 vanquishes at 7th place in the team, always with a pure focus on support and staying a bit behind. But others still got the assist and vanquish boast.

Message 4 of 7 (512 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

A good vanquish to assist ratio for every character  (no matter how they are being classified now) is 2 to 1. So if Rose was balanced well and your gameplay was the same your match should have been around 35 vanquishes and 15-17 assist. When you are playing well and getting equal assist as vanquishes you are playing with an inferior character that most likely  cannot defend itself one on one. All characters in this game need the ability to battle 1v1 with a surviving chance. Rose needs some love.🌝

Message 5 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm definitely noting issues with her attacks, like them missing things that should be an easy hit. I'm hoping they are looking into this right now.

Message 6 of 7 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@lilblackstar_1

It's always a pleasure to meet character mains who give detailed reasons on balancing, it'd be more convincing if u also gives reasons on buffing her rate of fire.

Any tips u'd give to all-star when dealing with Rose? Was closing the gap as 200hp high damage burst zombie always the best choice?

Besides, wt do u think of my proposal? I'd like to hear any kinds of opinions:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Proposal-for-UI-amp-Control/td-p/8224882

Message 7 of 7 (493 Views)